The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, darrenm said:

Who'da thunk it eh? Anna Soubry kingmaker.

Thing is she's painted herself into a corner here. She hates Corbyn. Constantly attacking him. Yet she'll make him PM.

9 hours ago, snowychap said:

You appear to be making a couple of giant leaps there.

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Yawn

"All in my opinion of course"

Thing is, opinion or not as to whether the "absolute boy" will be the next, er, "king" and Labour will be the next Guvmint, there are a couple of huge leaps in the assertion or opinion that Anna Soubry has painted herself into a corner, and that she is somehow JC's Kingmaker.

A while ago she proposed an amendment to make the Guvmint's Brexit bill slightly less insane.  Subsequently, yer man Corbyn has moved Labour's position (such as it had one) on Brexit to be a bit closer to the likes of Soubry's position and Labour might be whipped to support Soubry's amendment and Labour + the Rest might win a vote on it and as a consequence May might face a leadership challenge which she might lose and there then might be an election and then Labour might get a majority and so Corbyn might end up as pm.

Or alternatively something else could happen...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, darrenm said:

One day I'm gonna quote everything I said on here and it'll look like the return of John Titor :-)

If Corbyn is PM we'll be back to the 70's and you wont have enough electricity to power your Time machine  :P

4 hours ago, blandy said:

Thing is, opinion or not as to whether the "absolute boy" will be the next, er, "king" and Labour will be the next Guvmint, there are a couple of huge leaps in the assertion or opinion that Anna Soubry has painted herself into a corner, and that she is somehow JC's Kingmaker.

A while ago she proposed an amendment to make the Guvmint's Brexit bill slightly less insane.  Subsequently, yer man Corbyn has moved Labour's position (such as it had one) on Brexit to be a bit closer to the likes of Soubry's position and Labour might be whipped to support Soubry's amendment and Labour + the Rest might win a vote on it and as a consequence May might face a leadership challenge which she might lose and there then might be an election and then Labour might get a majority and so Corbyn might end up as pm.

Or alternatively something else could happen...

Yeah whatever. It was plainly obvious that I'm being colloquial. I didn't even think I needed to qualify it but did, and still got the same people piling in. I thought perhaps some people had changed from their previous disrespectful tone so I unignored to check but, alas, no.

What kind of absolute idiot hires this piece of shit? What is wrong with these people? I just don't get it.

Too racist for makeup company, but no problem for the alleged government in waiting. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43211136

Transgender model Munroe Bergdorf has become an LGBT adviser to Labour's women and equality minister Dawn Butler.

The campaigner says she's "thrilled" to have been asked to help form "fairer and more effective policy change".

Ms Butler said she was "proud to stand with those challenging discrimination".

But Tory MP Helen Grant says language used by the model - who was sacked by L'Oreal over racism claims - "damages the campaign to promote equality".

She's urged the Labour MP to reconsider the appointment.

Presentational white space

Munroe was the first transgender model to front a campaign for L'Oreal but was dropped in September after claims she posted racist comments online.

She wrote a lengthy Facebook post which it's claimed included the comment: "Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people.

"Because most of ya'll don't even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour.

"Your entire existence is drenched in racism."

The comments were later deleted.

L'Oreal said her comments were "at odds" with their values and it ended its partnership with her.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2018 at 18:58, Davkaus said:

What kind of absolute idiot hires this piece of shit? What is wrong with these people? I just don't get it.

Too racist for makeup company, but no problem for the alleged government in waiting. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43211136

Staggering. 

20 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I look forward to her getting some figures wrong on LBC and more deflection that people only dislike her because she’s black and not because she’s a racist 

It’s cool, LBC is somewhere in between Newry and Dundalk.

Having completed their take over of the NEC , seems momentum are now pushing for Labour to end its affiliations with the Unions ...

all bets on whether Tory or Labour party  implodes first are now back on

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Having completed their take over of the NEC , seems momentum are now pushing for Labour to end its affiliations with the Unions ...

i reckon tories then labour 

only the greens seem like a united party 

The Tories inate self preservation instinct and inbuilt desire to toe the line will see them survive. Even when they really do **** up, they just wait until things die down and quietly rearrange things back as they were (see 'nigger in the pile' woman).

Labour has diverse membership beliefs and priorities, and end up navel gazing when things are pressured. They also have a fundamentally split party as things stand.

A split by either is unlikely but I'd have Labour on shorter odds. The Tories just do scandal and bitchy infighting that brings them down but doesn't divide them.

Unfortunately.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Labour possibly disassociating themselves from the Unions is hilarious. that would be the most right-wing position they've ever held on the Unions

Can't see it happening myself, too many MPs of all hues in the LP get money from the Unions

I think its some sort of shot across the bows than anything with real intent. Possibly to do with the EU as the Unions and the Corbynistas are still miles apart on the issue

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Labour possibly disassociating themselves from the Unions is hilarious. that would be the most right-wing position they've ever held on the Unions

Can't see it happening myself, too many MPs of all hues in the LP get money from the Unions

I think its some sort of shot across the bows than anything with real intent. Possibly to do with the EU as the Unions and the Corbynistas are still miles apart on the issue

I can't see it happening either.

I know it's only one momentum pillock and they're not all so monumentally unaware, but strewth!! The whole momentum thing has both good and bad parts - it's good that it's shaken up some of the time-serving, buggins turn, cosy stitch up stuff that's always present in any party and replaced it with enthusiasm and zest.

It's just a shame that the enthusiasm and zest is too often for anti-semetic, bigoted, self entitled, egotisitcal effwits, with not the feintest clue about, y'know, reality. 

• Like 1

Â