The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It's a nice idea. All we've got to do now is stop Labour in Wales teaming up with UKIP to stop Plaid local council policies being implemented. Oh, and persuade the SNP this was just light hearted trolling:

C5b-6acWYAAYAu_.jpg

It would take next to nothing for me to vote Labour. Picking fights with Plaid and the SNP strikes me as a bit small time pathetic when a tory government is currently going unopposed.

This annoys me too. Labour should realise that it's never going to get into government, while Scotland remains SNP. I recall during the last election campaign, when Leanne Wood, basically told Millaband that if he agreed to give his word to work with the SNP, Plaid, and the Greens, they'd be happy to form an alliance. He totally refused, and ended up losing Scotland. I think it would be in the best interest of everyone if they could form some sort of alliance (not at every level obviously, as there are differences that just couldn't be rectified), to really take the Tories on every front. Plus I'd love to have the input of someone like Mhairi Black in the opposition, she's wasted in the SNP.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I agree. He's part of the old guard and none of the momentum lot can identify with him.

I don't think that's true to be fair. John McDonnell is certainly liked, and well supported by most of the Momentum member I know.

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Yes, and a Stoke by election. I wouldn't be surprised if the new team of strategists that came in just before Labour's position on brexit was made clear identified Stoke as so key that it had to be won and supporting 'the will of the people' was the only way to stop support being lost to ukip which would have been impossible to recover from.

If that were true - and I don't for a minute think it is - that would be absolutely despicable. I'm surprised that I seem to hold him in higher regard than you do!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

If that were true - and I don't for a minute think it is - that would be absolutely despicable. I'm surprised that I seem to hold him in higher regard than you do!

I thought Tories out at all costs was de rigeur round here?

31 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

This annoys me too. Labour should realise that it's never going to get into government, while Scotland remains SNP. I recall during the last election campaign, when Leanne Wood, basically told Millaband that if he agreed to give his word to work with the SNP, Plaid, and the Greens, they'd be happy to form an alliance. He totally refused, and ended up losing Scotland. I think it would be in the best interest of everyone if they could form some sort of alliance (not at every level obviously, as there are differences that just couldn't be rectified), to really take the Tories on every front. Plus I'd love to have the input of someone like Mhairi Black in the opposition, she's wasted in the SNP.

This is historical amnesia. What was the single most successful attack line for the Tories at the 2015 election? Oh yeah, this one:

0f04ac96-437e-40fa-9b99-022a80deab6a-206

Voters in England would punish Labour endlessly for being held on life support by Plaid and the SNP. 

Plus there's the small matter of Labour and the nats being fundamentally opposed on masses of issues. They aren't different versions of the same philosophy. 

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is historical amnesia. What was the single most successful attack line for the Tories at the 2015 election? Oh yeah, this one:

0f04ac96-437e-40fa-9b99-022a80deab6a-206

Voters in England would punish Labour endlessly for being held on life support by Plaid and the SNP.

Plus there's the small matter of Labour and the nats being fundamentally opposed on masses of issues. They aren't different versions of the same philosophy. 

Never seen that before, so I have no idea how successful that poster was or wasn't for the Tories.

As for the English public punishing Labour, didn't they do that anyway?

I eluded to the fact that there's no way they could agree on everything, but there are a lot of big issues (especially opposing the Tories) where cooperation would benefit all involved.

Edited by dAVe80

15 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Never seen that before, so I have no idea how successful that poster was or wasn't for the Tories.

As for the English public punishing Labour, didn't they do that anyway?

I eluded to the fact that there's no way they could agree on everything, but there are a lot of big issues (especially opposing the Tories) where cooperation would benefit all involved.

a] It wasn't so much the poster as the attack line that inspired it which was so successful

b] Yes, partly because they were seen as in hock to the SNP. Ergo it's not a good idea to keep making that mistake

c] They already co-operate a lot in opposing the Tories. However, they are different parties with different ethics, and they couldn't and shouldn't form a 'rainbow coalition'. 

Yep Labour are definitely the baddies there ^ Definitely not those loveable rogues the Tories, they can't help starving the poor. Shouldn't that be in the Tory thread anyway as it's not really anything to do with Labour?

I'm disappointed with Labours Brexit position. They've let the ridiculous "Will of the people" and following on from that "Enemies of the people  rhetoric" win.

Bearing in mind 48% of the electorate didn't want Brexit.

If the government were to ask us, I'd suggest that the 48% that voted remain and a significant proportion of the 52% that voted leave would oppose a hard Brexit.

Balls to it, it's the will of UKIP and Conservative party back benchers in my opinion.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think there is a wider point here mate that whilst the Tories have gotten away with murder and some despicable acts the last few years Labour have been complicit in much of it as they haven’t provided a strong opposition. Their opposition to a hard Brexit is just another example of that.

I don’t know what they are afraid of. I’d have expected the likes of Corbyn and McDonnell to be quite militant but they have been more like pussycats. They have had so many open goals that they haven’t even had a shot at never mind missed the target.

I know. And I agree. I'd just like to see some people go after the Tories in the same way they go after Labour for not opposing the Tories. They seem to get a free ride because they're expected to be like this.

56 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'd just like to see some people go after the Tories in the same way they go after Labour for not opposing the Tories. They seem to get a free ride because they're expected to be like this.

WIthin this thread, about the Labour party, you're not going to see that, so much. Within the baby eaters thread, obviously more so.

In the wider world, I think there's loads of opposition and criticism of the baby eaters. Also, I don't think despairing at the ineptitude and complicity of Labour and Corbyn is mutually exclusive from despising the baby eaters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

WIthin this thread, about the Labour party, you're not going to see that, so much. Within the baby eaters thread, obviously more so.

In the wider world, I think there's loads of opposition and criticism of the baby eaters. Also, I don't think despairing at the ineptitude and complicity of Labour and Corbyn is mutually exclusive from despising the baby eaters.

I feel this post needed more reference to the child eating preferences of the Tories.

Â