Villa Kit 2015-2016

floody555

Jim White? What's wrong with Captain Jack?

A question that has been asked a thousand times. :)

Just find it so strange that the club CAPTAIN isn't involvement in the new kit launch!!! Now that does worry me...... What do you think guys?

That we have a thread all about Delph already.

If I post this in the Delph page I'll be told theres a page for Kit talk so I'm justified to post it in here

It's almost like they are two completely unrelated topics isn't it......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the need to have a kit reveal event? Are we the only club that does it? It all seems a bit OTT to me to be honest...

No others do it.

I'd say it's more bout publicity for the kit designers than the club.

• Like 3

I don't understand the need to have a kit reveal event? Are we the only club that does it? It all seems a bit OTT to me to be honest...

I've not checked, but I'd be very surprised if all 20 Premier League clubs and most of the 72 in the Football League don't have some kind of event to launch their new kit with these days.  

I'm not sure why you think generating publicity for a product you want to sell thousands of is OTT either. Surely it's  the sensible thing to do? 

Only if we've signed Jim White.

As others have said, it's a paid gig and presenters do this sort of thing all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if, like also mentioned earlier, it's loosely tied into his yellow tie being the same colour as the away kit.

I think if anyone is seriously expecting takeover news or new signings to be a part of this kit reveal, you are going to be severely disappointed.

• Like 1

Wonder if Jim White is coming in for the launch because a new signing will be announced and will be modeling the shirt??????

No.

Every year somebody predicts this and it never happens.

Clubs don't reveal new signings at their kit launch events.

That's not true we paraded Marlon Harewood at a kit launch.

He was there, but he wasn't revealed at the launch.

it wasn't like

"SURPRISE! We've signed Marlon Harewood"

His signing was announced before then IIRC

I love the Hare but what a letdown it was when we heard he was going to be our star striker signing that summer.

Yeah I remember that well, lots of people on here were all expecting a big name striker to be bought, and nobody was believing the Harewood reports and even laughed at sha being linked with him. What a disappointment that was. :(

Â