Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I thought Liverpool are paying us in installments for Benteke? If so, Randy must have dipped into his pocket.

I like that he's let Tim spend this year. I was one of many who believed he would pocket any profits and give us a couple of million to spend, but he has been great and let us open the wallet a bit. I'm sure it'll pay off!

I thought Liverpool are paying us in installments for Benteke? If so, Randy must have dipped into his pocket.

Or we're paying for our signings in installments

• Like 1

Or we're paying for our signings in installments
Well played, sir. Well. Played.

I can see this summer being similar to 92.

I was 3.5 is that good or bad?
We bought pretty much an entire new team . I can see similar numbers coming In this window tbh.

I am not ITK but my imagination might just be !

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

Randy hasn't had to spend a penny yet though, we're spending the CB, Snake, AW, ML and YS money.

Yeah but according to many he's tight and he'd pocket the money from sales but he didn't so credit is due even if you hate him and don't want to acknowledge it. If he's as bad as some make out (the devil incarnate) he could quite easily have done nothing and sold the club to any schiester and just given the normal amount, so yeah thanks Lerner - it could quite easily have gone tits up, but with the set up now we are going in the right direction.

now it's not a debate for this thread and I'll point out at the start I do not say that I would support the view but you could easily have substituted the name Lerner for Ellis at points and that paragraph could have been used.

I like that he's let Tim spend this year. I was one of many who believed he would pocket any profits and give us a couple of million to spend, but he has been great and let us open the wallet a bit. I'm sure it'll pay off

Please not again with this.....

Whilst I'm interested in how this will all pan out and am surprised at both the sheer number of signings and the values attributed to them, I have absolutely no 'credit' to give to Lerner. As it stands we haven't spent more than we've earnt, we've probably reduced the wage bill and there is a bit of a (perhaps needed) risk in the strategy.

Suggesting Lerner deserves credit for not keeping all the profits shows how beaten down we've become. If he invests £10m to £20m improving the team then that's a more credible argument, and it may happen yet, but at the moment some are effectively thanking him for doing what ge should do and not punching us in the gut.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 1

Apart from this line:

Gueye has consistently been one of Ligue 1's most consistent central midfielders for two or three seasons.

So he I take it he's consistent then?

• Like 1

Whilst I'm interested in how this will all pan out and am surprised at both the sheer number of signings and the values attributed to them, I have absolutely no 'credit' to give to Lerner. As it stands we haven't spent more than we've earnt, we've probably reduced the wage bill and there is a bit of a (perhaps needed) risk in the strategy.

Suggesting Lerner deserves credit for not keeping all the profits shows how beaten down we've become. If he invests £10m to £20m improving the team then that's a more credible argument, and it may happen yet, but at the moment some are effectively thanking him for doing what ge should do and not punching us in the gut.

No it shows that fans were wrong in saying he'd pocket the money. He did what fans wanted to invest all the money from sales he did that. And I feel that the budget set for transfers is still there if Tim needs it. No itk just speculation. So if he'd have pocketed the money he'd have been ripped to pieces on here so credit is due for letting Tim spend and not keeping it all for himself!

• Like 1

Van dikj looks an excellent player , would be hard pushed to find a better defender within our budget ..

Seen a lot of him since my housemate is as Celtic as they come,and the boy is quality. Think he could be a bit too pricey for us though...

Van dikj looks an excellent player , would be hard pushed to find a better defender within our budget ..

Seen a lot of him since my housemate is as Celtic as they come,and the boy is quality. Think he could be a bit too pricey for us though...

Praising and thanking Lerner for this summer is like praising and thanking an abusive partner for not hitting you for a night.  If he'd kept the money it would have been a total word removed move, so i'm reluctant to say not being a word removed deserves some kind of praise.  

And he hasn't done this because he loves Aston Villa, he's done this to give himself a better chance of selling the club and getting his money back.  No surprise our best summer in years comes just months after Randy Lerner declares he will have nothing to do with us.  

I was disappointed he didn't sell the club but in all honesty as long as he sticks to his word and stays away I could see the club being successful under the guidance of Tom Fox.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

If Adebayor move fails through that'd be around what 4/5m back into the bank...but then again that could go for Berba.

Van Dijk would be amazing signing, I thought he'd move to Saints this year but it seems it won't happen with them getting Caulker.