Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Veretout is a DM so I guess that would dismiss any cambiasso links if true

I've read he is a box to box CM player but have to admit i'd never heard of him until about 15 minutes ago.  Seems to have a fair few assists over the last few seasons

Whoscored say that he's played in a offensive role too. So probably will be Cleverley's replacement.

Veretout would be cracker. A midfielder who can get forward and set up goals - there was an opta stat on twitter the other day about how many goals he contributed for Nantes. Can't remember the exact deets but the point they were making was that he creates plenty of goals.

Jordan Veretout? Come on guys, don't do this to me. Know very little about him other than someone I know who supports Spurs (and follows European football very closely) was creaming himself over their link to him, saying he'll be their best player in recent years (I'm guessing selective memory re: bale and modric)

Signing good players is one thing, but seeing Spurs fans cry at a result of it, too much.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 2

I've read he is a box to box CM player but have to admit i'd never heard of him until about 15 minutes ago.  Seems to have a fair few assists over the last few seasons

I was going by his transfermarkt page but after watching his YouTube vid I tend to agree with you, takes a decent penalty too

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-veretout/profil/spieler/164771

French journo saying Jordan Veretout to Villa is a done deal. Dunno how reliable but very talented midfielder at Nantes.

It depends, is he a 'respected' French journalist?

if his name is Jordan its as good as done

John Carew was also falling out of favour at the big clubs he was playing for like Valencia and Lyon so not unlike Adebayor last few years.

Again the reality is we finished 17th and Benteke was a nobody when he turned up here so just intrigued what sort of level striker we really should be signing according to some.

his goal record was nowhere near the calibre of Ade

John Carew was also falling out of favour at the big clubs he was playing for like Valencia and Lyon so not unlike Adebayor last few years.

Carew was 27 when we signed him, and 31 going 32 when he left for Stoke, I think that is the big difference here.

I'm not saying adebayor is past it by any means because I don't know, but there are a lot of strikers that tail off dramatically in their early thirties.

I think anything but a loan because we failed to identify/attract a long term target would be bad business on our part.