Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

RE: Cambiasso and Gestede, I'd definitely look to get the former on a free. I think Cambiasso would be a great calming influence (similar to Barry and Petrov) in the middle, has tons of experience and would still be good for a season. Gestede could be interesting but I'm suspect of him as he doesn't done it in a top league anywhere and the defending in the Championship is significantly worse than it is in the premier league. 

Gestede looks a bit of a beast!

I guess this comes down to our playing style moving forward. If we are going for wingers then he looks the part, but doesn't look the type to play on the half turn in a 4-3-3 (neither does Adabyor)

Oh does that rule him out then....

Well generally the word potential is used in regard to actual young players. Not those entering their late 20's.

He's 26!!  Anyway, I was simply suggesting he might be able to make the step up and do a job for us.  As I said, I haven't seen much of him at all and those that have seem to be suggesting that might not be the case.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Quote - don't know how true it is...

Aston Villa have made a £7m bid for Jordan Ayew of Lorient

Aston Villa have made a £7m bid for Jordan Ayew of Lorient. That's according to French journalist Mohamed Bouhafsi and RMC, who we are led to believe is reliable. Ayew has been linked with a move to Aston Villa for a while but also to Borussia Dortmund, and there were claims in France recently that a move to the Bundesliga club was complete, after an internet prankster fooled the media - it doesn't just happen with the British press then! Ayew is only 23 years of age and has already represented Ghana around 30 times, with a 1 in 3 scoring ratio at international level. For Lorient his scoring record is similar and the striker has only been with the French club for one season, having moved from Marseille last summer. Ayew has been considered a hot young prospect for some time and is now starting to fulfil his promise. His brother Andre Ayew recently signed for Swansea City on a free transfer, and Jordan may well be tempted to join him in the Premier League. Aston Villa's offer is good for a club who finished 16th in Ligue1 last season, but the new Premier League TV deal has seen more money pour into clubs here and that's not lost on teams in Europe when Premier League sides like Aston Villa come calling. The £7m is before bonuses and Lorient are yet to respond to Villa's proposal.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/aston-villa-have-made-a-7m-bid-for-jordan-ayew-of-lorient

Edited by Gary Thomas

I would be pretty cool to bring Ashley Young back to Villa park, I highly doubt it but the reports are interesting. Saying that weren't we linked with him last summer?

After his form at the end of last season I can't see him going anywhere

also his englishness makes him  more valuable to united.

see also: fibian wealth at city