Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11748672/Claudio-Ranieri-going-back-to-Chelsea-for-Nathan-Ake.html

Claudio Ranieri is considering a raid on former club Chelsea for versatile midfielder Nathan Ake.

Ranieri, the new Leicester City manager, has been recommended Ake by the King Power Stadium coaching staff and will rival Newcastle to sign the Holland under-21 international on a season's loan.

Ake has been left out of Chelsea's pre-season tour of North America and will be loaned out this season by Jose Mourinho.

The 20-year-old is also believed to be on Aston Villa's radar, with Tim Sherwood looking for midfielders after the shock departure of Fabian Delph on Manchester City.

But Leicester have been targeting Ake since the end of last season and despite the sacking of Nigel Pearson in June, his old staff remain determined to complete a deal.

Leicester's move for Ake is likely to be stepped up this week as they prepare for official notification that Esteban Cambiasso has rejected a new deal.

Last season's player of the year has been offered a 12-month contract but Leicester are now understood to be preparing for next season without him.

Edited by Supervillan78

Lots of talk on how much we spend! For me that's not the issue its who we get in! Better players by rule mean more money yes but not all of the time(Gil,Benteke etc) the 'Dortmund or Southampton' way is the only way we can build to get us back to the top end! We have got rid of a lot of dead wood but if we look at the main three that have gone(going) vlaar delph Benteke! We have made a profit and if we done things properly (not letting contracts run down) we could of made more! Then we reinvest! For me this is a new start, any of the players that go in this window I don't care coz they have been so terrible for so long! A new Aston Villa! I believe we have the right people to do just that! Utv

I love your enthusiasm, pal, but have you ever heard of a full stop?

• Like 2

So who is Nathan Ake? :detect:

Chelsea youth midfielder isn't he? Is that what you're hearing? He's played a few games for their first team.

Wasn't he the one who was with the first team but got drafted back to u21s when we played them in next gen final? Don't think he's played much first team football.

No to loaning Ake (unless there's a loan-to-buy clause) - again we'd only be giving another teams player experience.

I don't get this argument at all. If we don't give him it, somebody else will. As long as we get a short term benefit on a reasonable deal then why not? It's obviously not like Chelsea are a direct rival, either.

2. @reluctantnicko going to miss asking you about Amavi haha, he's joined confirmed on Nice OS

0 retweets1 favorite
     Retweet
     Favorite1
    Follow
    More

3. @Maradona_AVFC10 Good signing. Well done Villa. Story on another tomorrow.

0 retweets7 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite7
    More

4. @reluctantnicko another one being done or one we looking at, as you can tell we need players

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    Follow
    More

@Maradona_AVFC10 Someone you are all over like a rash ...

•  
Edited by Villaphan04

The slight worry I have is that we would lack height . If we signed Darder and Praet. We could be playing with a first 11 that only one of the outfield players is over 6 foot. Might not be too big an issue but it wouldn't bode too well for set pieces.

The slight worry I have is that we would lack height . If we signed Darder and Praet. We could be playing with a first 11 that only one of the outfield players is over 6 foot. Might not be too big an issue but it wouldn't bode too well for set pieces.

never stopped Spain or Barcelona ;)

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Darder and Praet then another CB, don't see Micah as good enough, then two more strikers after Benteke leaves, anyone know what our net spend is so far?

Maybe give Micah a chance first before writing him off. Be a nice idea me thinks

Darder and Praet then another CB, don't see Micah as good enough, then two more strikers after Benteke leaves, anyone know what our net spend is so far?

Maybe give Micah a chance first before writing him off. Be a nice idea me thinks

Valid point, I just thought that

Micah, New CB, Clarke, Amavi

looks more solid (based on assumption we get a quality CB that is theoretically better than Micah) than say

Hutton, Micah, Clarke, Amavi

Mantis is gonna **** you up pal.

• Like 2