Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think I'm giving football a miss for a while, i did say we'd have a bumpy ride this summer but this is getting awful now the whole game is shite at the moment and we as a club need to seriously look at ourselves

• Like 2

Still think we're going to end up getting Adebayor, has deadline day written all over it.

Yeah but aren't people saying we need premier league experience as we have too many un proven players and we are down? I'm gonna let things unfold and see what sherwood Wilkins and Reilly and co come up with. We need an overhaul.

I say again benteke had no premier league experience nor did Gil but they aren't too shabby are they. Then we'd overpay on premier league experience and still some would moan that we paid too much or are not good enough.

Edited by nazvfc

Premier league experience - we still have plenty of it across the squad - Gabby, Westwood, Sinclair, Clark, Hutton, Okore, Guzan - all possible first team starters. I would put Gabby in as captain for now. Gil looks fine, Jack looks fine, Amavi is going to be up to speed, and I think Gueye too. Sanchez may never adjust! So reckon we can afford a few games for a Darder or a Praet or a young striker to adjust. I'm actually thinking Adebayor might be a good option now if we want an old pro to lead the line.

My concern is the lack of experience or a potential lack of experience in the side.

We can't end up with a team full of young players and new imports to the PL.

We have lost a lot of experience from the team and squad so while names from abroad might be more exciting and represent better value I think we need a few more known quantities.

I agree totally with this. Under Lambert we went down the young and inexperienced route and although we are certainly looking at an upgrade on the quality of player that Lambert was allowed to bring in those that we are linked with are still going to be young and inexperienced.

For the last handful of years I have felt that we lacked a bit of nous. Players that have been there and done it in the Premier League and know what its all about. That can influence a game and those around them. Having now lost Vlaar, Delph, Given, Cleverley we need some experienced players more than ever.

Sherwood has a huge job on his hands now. He needs the 40 odd mill we have bought in and some. I'd like to think that he would have had around 20 mill to spend anyway. Wages should not be an issue as Bent, Given, Benteke and Delph were some of highest paid players at the club.

I have no doubt that Sherwood and Reilly can identify the players we need to take us forward. I have no doubt that Sherwood will know that we need a mix of young high quality promising players alongside bringing in players who have been there and proven they can do it in this league. He showed that with the signing of Richards. This is all going to cost though, certainly those players that have proven themselves, and this is where I have huge doubts as I am not convinced Lerner will back his manager and give him the necessary tools financially to start to fix years of neglect which has now been compounded over the summer.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I think I'm giving football a miss for a while, i did say we'd have a bumpy ride this summer but this is getting awful now the whole game is shite at the moment and we as a club need to seriously look at ourselves

Blimey. Youre generally a bastion of optimism, (see nearly all posts on Lambert), so if you're saying its bad, we must be seriously screwed.

I can't stress how much of a woeful signing Adebayor would be

He was good under Sherwood last time round because Spurs were in cruise control at the time and comfortable.

He is not the player you want in a relegation scrap to dig you out of it he's lazier than a donkey dosed with ketamine

• Like 3

I can understand the Adebayor links but for me he'd have to be 1 of 2 strikers brought in to replace Benteke.

I'd like to see us drop £15-20m down for somebody with more youth on their side.

I suppose one thing now looking more certain is that Guzan will remain our no.1, I don't see there being the time or money to bring another keeper in.

Still think we're going to end up getting Adebayor, has deadline day written all over it.

I would be a lot more comfortable with that if we sign a Benteke replacement in the next week or so once he goes and he hits the ground running in our opening 4 league games.

Then Adebayor coming in as a backup/sub I could handle that but again the terms of the deal must be weighted in our favour, no chance a 3 year deal otherwise he'd be another Heskey, on big wages and impossible to shift as Spurs are finding.

I agree with getting Cambiasso in. It'll only be for a year, but we can use the TV money to upgrade next Summer. (If we stay up)

I don't think the Adebayor link is true, it stinks of lazy journalism to me. From what I can see we don't know what type of striker Sherwood likes, he's never bought one. He's done well to get the best from Benteke and Adebayor but he might not even like playing with a target man. He could prefer an Aguero type Striker, who knows.

We finished 17th last season and have had it bad (understatement) for years now. A complete reshuffle is exactly what we need. Get in Amavi, Cambiasso, An established goal scorer, A young exciting striker, and a CM (Darder or Praet would be perfect) and we're in a much stronger position next season.

Partly agree with you Trent.I wish we had been in for Huth, and wish we had been in for Ayew as well.

On reflection, with his will he won't he attitude, i am glad Delph has gone now, and i hope CB goes as well, some of the links are very exciting, and as someone said e\arlier, the FA Cup final proved we need a complete overhaul.I think Avami looks a very good player, and i think the signing of Darder, and a Sanchez with a good pre-season behind him, wii more than compensate for FDs departure.

I would buy Remy, play Kozak up front, probably, but only if the wages are right, get Adebayor, and buy that lad from Monaco, if we have any spare after that , then i would buy Praet as well.

That is a much better squad than the one that finished the season, and young as well.