Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Should be an interesting few weeks coming up once the Benteke deal is also finalized. We should see 4-5 quality players coming in.

Hoping it's Amavi, Darder, Praet, Embolo and Martial.

Each one will at least require 10+ in fees

50m is the minimum that should now be spent on the squad for the remainder of the summer.

Should be an interesting few weeks coming up once the Benteke deal is also finalized. We should see 4-5 quality players coming in.

50m is the minimum that should now be spent on the squad for the remainder of the summer.

We have cleared a shed load off the wage bill once again this summer so I do expect a lot to be spent in the next few weeks, whether they'll all make an impact in the prem who can tell?

I'm so fed up of modern football. I'm particularly fed up with Villa trying their hardest to prove you can always sink lower. Rubbish season. Delph, Benteke, Cleverley and Grealish (6/7 games) the only ones to come out of it with any credit. So lose Cleverley, sell Benteke and Delph. Grealish has had a questionable summer too.

Release or sell six or seven squad players of mixed ability. Bring in free Richards and second or third choice keeper. Still waiting for confirmation of Gueye too. Everyone else is reluctant to join us. Adebayor link is worrying too.

So even if Lerner doesn't want to spend a penny, after another disaster in not being able to sell the club, we have at least £40m to spend quickly on our paper thin, already useless squad.

It's going to take a miracle to avoid relegation. We're three weeks from kick off with a worse squad than we ended last season with.

Sick of this club/ Lerner/ football. I have a season ticket every year and it doesn't bring me any joy.

I'm so fed up of modern football. I'm particularly fed up with Villa trying their hardest to prove you can always sink lower. Rubbish season. Delph, Benteke, Cleverley and Grealish (6/7 games) the only ones to come out of it with any credit. So lose Cleverley, sell Benteke and Delph. Grealish has had a questionable summer too.

Release or sell six or seven squad players of mixed ability. Bring in free Richards and second or third choice keeper. Still waiting for confirmation of Gueye too. Everyone else is reluctant to join us. Adebayor link is worrying too.

So even if Lerner doesn't want to spend a penny, after another disaster in not being able to sell the club, we have at least £40m to spend quickly on our paper thin, already useless squad.

It's going to take a miracle to avoid relegation. We're three weeks from kick off with a worse squad than we ended last season with.

Sick of this club/ Lerner/ football. I have a season ticket every year and it doesn't bring me any joy.

You can say that again

• Like 1

Oh I agree, I just don't see it happening. The money spent that is. Do have doubts about attracting Martial or Embolo but if the cash is on the table...

Michu has severe injury problems. IIRC his ankle is more or less knackered. He won't be able to handle Premier League football week in week out, hence Swansea letting him go.

We've spent in the region of £10m already, I'm guessing. Thinking we'll probably get the Benteke and word removed money, so I think we'd be able to bring in 3 or 4 quality signings to strengthen the side (striker, attacking mid, box to box mid, and a defender), and still have a bit of cash to bring in some squad players. If we can do that, I'll be happy enough. 

So when can we expect the Relegation V5 thread?

I think Richard was being over ambitious starting one in Other Football.

We've not spent £10m, so far we are in profit this window.

All that net spend malarkey confuses me, so I just tend to look at it as spent and made. So currently we've spent about £10m and made about £12. 

Crikey, the needed list gets bigger and bigger....

Now we urgently need:

Lb- hopefully amavi keitel signs

Cm- to replace fibian wealth. Dardar would be a good fit

Am- better option than zog and tonev. Praet would be awesome.

St- benteke replacement. Please not adebayor!

We've not spent £10m, so far we are in profit this window.

How much was the fee for Gueye?

Saw a report yesterday that said £6.5m up front possibly rising to £9m

Cheers, I'm never sure how accurate the different reported fees are.