Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Adebeyor and Balotelli both have more talent in their pinky toes than Heskey and Ireland combined. In an ideal world I wouldn't want us to rely solely on either, but I don't think we should get sniffy about players of that ilk. Who might have something to prove.

Balotelli over Adebeyor though definitely. I think the latter has lost his marbles.

Balotelli get's easily frustrated and needs to play somewhere where that doesn't happen (not sure that place exists).

Pretty sure he'd get frustrated a lot playing for Villa, like a lot.

Herd has gone , was offered 3 month contract to be assessed by Sherwood and turned it down

It's really worrying that we thought we might need him (if true)

Nothing to suggest we thought we'd need him, more that Sherwood wanted to take a look at him to see if he was any use

Has Lerner finally realised that the bargain basement route ends in disaster? At least this new plan will see us shoot up the table!

Could well be more to do with getting the books in line first.

We're breaking even now and we've shed a lot of wages. So I think it's natural to expect a bit more spending as a result.

Herd has gone , was offered 3 month contract to be assessed by Sherwood and turned it down

Nothing to suggest we thought we'd need him, more that Sherwood wanted to take a look at him to see if he was any use

Yep. Sherwood has said everyone will get a chance so i think Herd probably just fell under that bracket.

That's touch contradictory Pete. Why would we use him if we didn't need him?

Balotelli get's easily frustrated and needs to play somewhere where that doesn't happen (not sure that place exists).

Pretty sure he'd get frustrated a lot playing for Villa, like a lot.

Personally I think the opposite.  I feel he's the sort of character that needs to feel wanted and the "Big Fish" which he would be at a club like Villa.  IMO he needs to move away from the Elite clubs and play the next rung down, that way his off field antics will not be as scrutinized and highlighted, which will allow him to just play and be an automatic pick.......... quality player on his day............... Id take him if it was a viable option.............

I personally think at a club like Villa hed have a similar impact as John Carew did........... Big, brash personality - never quite did it for the top clubs, dropped down, was loved and shone...............

• Like 1

Eh? Why not if he proves himself good enough? He clearly doesn't think he is so that answers that one.

Think he means what if we got rid and he was actually a superstar, unlikely of course.

It's not contradictory at all. Sherwood clearly had no idea if he was good enough, and wanted to figure out if he was worth keeping. Hence the shorter deal. There's no suggestion of needing him or not needing him, more wanting to look at him. Nothing contradictory in that at all

Really no to Adebayor or Balotelli.  Both have stinking attitudes.  At the very outside on a pay per play / goal-related package, but both would seem like a retrograde step and don't seem in tune with the rest of the signings / links.

• Like 1

my top 3 to replace Benteke would be:

Araujo

Kokorin

Locadia

I think we'd be able to bring 1 of them in for way cheaper than we sold Benteke. Locadia would mean changing our formation a lot less too so could be therefore even more worth trying

Interesting that Brendan Rodgers refused to comment when asked about the Tekkers bid after Liverpools friendly today. Not sure what to read into that, if anything! Usually, if a team has actually made an offer (which has to be accepted due to the clause) the manager says something along the lines of "we hope to make a deal" or something like that. But to refuse to comment makes me wonder if news of the bid is actually true.

• Like 1