Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I"m getting quite excited about what sort of team Tim is gonna put together, It will be great to see a team trying winning games instead of trying to make sure we don't lose!! 

definitely looks like he has a plan which is already a step up from lambert and I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes, I expect to see some arrivals soon

• Like 2

It's a shame that Cissokho doesn't fit into Tim's plans, as I think he's a good left back. Ah well, we need more outs though, such is the size of the squad and he's not a first teamer. 

Yeah I thought he was fine too. Good in defence at least okay in attack. But if we can get Amavi in it's probably an improvement, so what the hell.

It's a shame that Cissokho doesn't fit into Tim's plans, as I think he's a good left back. Ah well, we need more outs though, such is the size of the squad and he's not a first teamer. 

Yeah I thought he was fine too. Good in defence at least okay in attack. But if we can get Amavi in it's probably an improvement, so what the hell.

Strange really I didn't think he did much wrong but it could be a case of attitude "Losing mentality" 

With the quotes of 5-7 need to go, as far as I can see, we have a 29 man squad at the moment. If we get Amavi and the 2 others, we need 7 gone to not have players sat being wasted. I would say I'd be fine with the following leaving permanently:

Bennett

Cole

Senderos

Herd

Richardson

Cissokho

Sanchez

N'Zogbia

Tonev

Steer out on loan could be an option too.

Out of those 10, I'd say the ones most useful and likely to stay are Cole, Richardson and Sanchez.

We'll have to wait and see but definitely need to clear a few players over the next week or 2 in order to look like we're making progress

If both Cissokho and Richardson left we'd only have one left back (if we sign Amavi), unless there's someone from the youth team he plans on promoting for cup games and cover and he wouldnt take a squad place as he's under 21. Kinsella?

Cissokho reminds me of that thoroughly decent but completely boring guy you don't want to get stuck talking to at parties.  What do you really think you are adding to life?  At least the nutters are provocative and the cheap women are fun.  The footballing equivalent of one of those slow little rollercoasters you get for ten year olds, a pale imitation of the thrilling Real Deal.

Epic synopsis! lol

Apparently if we sign Amavi, we've still only spent around £12M net. Yet Sherwood says that he has to sell to buy. Looks like money's still going to be tight with Randy around, and a takeover seeming like it could be less likely. Even one of Almstadt's duties is to find 'better value for money signings'.

• Like 1

Apparently if we sign Amavi, we've still only spent around £12M net. Yet Sherwood says that he has to sell to buy. Looks like money's still going to be tight with Randy around, and a takeover seeming like it could be less likely. Even one of Almstadt's duties is to find 'better value for money signings'.

Sherwood's not about to say 'yeah mate, LAHDSA maneyyyyyy' is he?

• Like 4

better value for money signings should be high on the clubs priority list regardless of what our budget is, it should be a priority of man city, they dont half spunk some cash on garbage, look at chelsea's transfer policy, scout well, take chances and if they dont work at the very least they sell for a profit

and i agree with others, sherwood being coy about how much cash we've got is just him playing the game, he doesnt want to play our hand and start throwing cliches like war chest around even if we did have one, our biggest issue wont be transfer fees it will be wages and reducing the squad numbers down to 25, value for money wont include a bloke even on as little as £10k a week unregistered to the squad and sat doing **** all for the year

• Like 1

I think that statement was more about reminding the fringe players that they need to get out and find new clubs. I can understand that some of these players have good contracts but would they really like to just sit back and take the money! what message are they sending out to other potential clubs looking to buy!! no ambition, no pride so therefore no good!! A footballers life in the top level is not very long in general and to waste two or three years at a club that will not play you and has told you to find a new role is bizzare! It's a very sad indictment of how football players are now, what has happened to the passion that they had when they stated their journey. 

• Like 1

Lots of italian sites running the Cissokho to Fiorentina story. Though no quotes anywhere yet, so could just be pulling it out of nowhere...

I think it's hard to guess how big the budget is, Randy has consistently put in £20m  out of his pocket when we were making a loss, now you'd think we are free to spend for the first time in a while, so £40m would not be unrealistic. If we get Amavi and Praet we'll have spent more than £20m already with Sherwood being keen for more players, so I think it's fair to say that even without a takeover we will see a bigger spend this summer.

I think that statement was more about reminding the fringe players that they need to get out and find new clubs. I can understand that some of these players have good contracts but would they really like to just sit back and take the money! what message are they sending out to other potential clubs looking to buy!! no ambition, no pride so therefore no good!! A footballers life in the top level is not very long in general and to waste two or three years at a club that will not play you and has told you to find a new role is bizzare! It's a very sad indictment of how football players are now, what has happened to the passion that they had when they stated their journey. 

Yes, I think he's calling some of the players out, on their willingness to sit on the bench rather than join another club for less money. Although he's doing it in a clever way by saying that he can't blame them. Hopefully they get the message.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Apparently if we sign Amavi, we've still only spent around £12M net.

Where have those figures come from? Can't see how we've recouped any more than we paid for Sinclair so far. Would be more like £15-17m

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.