Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Randy needs to step up now. If Benteke follows Delph out for the door we need that £40mil plus another £20mil invested in new players. We really do need some major surgery on this squad.

£60 million this summer will be a start.

Good luck with that

Randy needs to step up now. If Benteke follows Delph out for the door we need that £40mil plus another £20mil invested in new players. We really do need some major surgery on this squad.

£60 million this summer will be a start.

Good luck with that

I can but hope.

Playing devil's advocate here, if the footballing gods decreed that this summer we lose Delph & Benteke for £40m and in return we secure Gueye, Praet, Amavi & Embolo for the same total amount, would people have gone for that?

I'm choosing to believe I would. Obviously the ideal would be for these new recruits built around a spine of delph & benteke, but it's looking increasingly like that won't be an option.

• Like 3

Playing devil's advocate here, if the footballing gods decreed that this summer we lose Delph & Benteke for £40m and in return we secure Gueye, Praet, Amavi & Embolo for the same total amount, would people have gone for that?

I'm choosing to believe I would. Obviously the ideal would be for these new recruits built around a spine of delph & benteke, but it's looking increasingly like that won't be an option.

We've only signed one of those though.

We have been linked to all these players for nearly 2 weeks and are supposed to be close to signing but how many have we signed bar a free and a guy who we had lined up in Jan. starting to think we arent in for any of them!

The guy we have agreed a fee for, agreed personal terms with and whom passed a medical? He will cost us £9,000,000 (if the press are to be believed). Work permit is holding that back, not us.

Its the eighth of July, plenty of time for signings. Cool your jets.

Thats my point. We have signed nobody. Its all talk at minute

Apart from the 2 guys we have officially signed, the guy we are awaiting a work permit for and the assistant manager. All talk apart from that. 

Are you posting for effect?

A Free and a guy who we had sorted in Jan for 2.5mill. How come other teams don't seem to have a work permit issue like this one. Not setting the world alight considering there is nearly a new thread opened for a player we are after every day.

In reality we have spent 2.5mill. FACT. So are you replying for affect?

Teams have work permit issues all the time. 

Deals often take time. Especially when you've just finished 17th, you have to work a little harder for them.

We've agreed a 9 million euro deal for the player. This has been confirmed by the manager. So when that goes through will your opinion change?

Its a start, but with the players going out, some who may turn out to be our best two players, we will need a hell of allot more. We even have to get a new keeper after tonight. Time is not on our side considering 6 odd weeks to start of league and we have no squad. Ive seen this farting about this past 3 years, getting sick of it.

So are people starting to see where i am coming from now. Just wait to Benteke will be off to see the panic because he will be mark my words. But hey we have a lovely new yellow away jersey.

Yeah we've only signed one, but in the same instance we haven't actually sold delph or benteke yet either. Was purely hypothetical. I'm hopeful we'll pick up a couple of the targets. Trying to find the smooth amongst the rough this evening!

• Like 1

Vlaar and Delph out, Richards and Gueye in.

Admittedly replacing Benteke if he goes will be a tougher task, and we also need to replace Cleverley.

If we can bring in a good CF, Cherry or preferably Praet as the ACM option, and add players like Amavi and Townsend, we'll have a better season than the last.

Smoke and mirrors. Same every year. Lerner is getting rumbled this summer. Id rather they continue to say nothing than PR shit coming from fox. 'We are a big club' then fecking start running it like one.

• Like 1

Lol yes, Richards, bunn, Sinclair & gueye makes 4, you are correct! I was on about the "bigger" (more expensive) targets.

The "big club" stuff does look a bit amateur now, you'd think the new kit promotion stuff would have been edited to avoid this sort of thing.

I'm still hopeful of a good summer transfer window for us.

I'll never learn.

We have for the last 4/5 years been dreadful, carrying a group of players that had no desire or passion for our club, A new manager has put his reputation on the line by getting rid of a lot of mainly deadwood and the other departures where not anything he could have done anything about:

Delph was always going to go with a release clause that low but at lest we got some money instead of him walking out for nothing!

Vlaar I'm of the opinion that he will not really be missed as he spent far to much time on the treatment table and he made some awful mistakes. Benteke I'm sure once Liverpool  sell Sterling they will trigger his release clause and he will be on his way! I really am tired of the constant will he won't he in every transfer window if he wants to go then we don't need players that don't want to play for us.

Now Tim it's time for you to build a team that we can get behind and to be fair anything has to be better than what we have been served up for the last 4-5 years or so If we get a squad of young talented hungry players that he can mould into an exciting team then I look forward to this!

Sinclair, Gueye and Richards are a good start and I'm sure there will be more to follow so let the Tim and his team work before saying they have already failed.

• Like 2

9 million signing is not to be sniffed at when we spend think 4 million all last summer

Don't get that. So we should be happy when we spend more money but the team get worse? Gueye who I never seen I doubt is better than Delph.