Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

So if Delph has a £10m buyout clause and its triggered , he hasn't technically asked to leave so does he then get a % of the fee as a result ?

Why would he get a percentage of the fee? Wouldn't his 6M a year be enough for him?

I think it's standard practise that if players don't ask to leave they get a slice of the fee ... Sometimes they waive it but not always

I have been told Begovic is holding out for a move to Man Utd once De Gea has gone where he would be number 1.

Also he will not be at Stoke at the start of the season he is definetly on the move.

Edited by midian

Even if its true it doesn't mean he will leave this summer. He says he's not driven by money so surely his biggest priority is to get regular first team football and stay in that England team.  Anyway you get  sick of hearing it all. 

Edited by PaulC

I have been told Begovic is holding out for a move to Man Utd once De Gea has gone where he would be number 1.

Also he will not be at Stoke at the start of the season he is definetly on the move.

I can't see that move happening. Perhaps Spurs if United sign Lloris though.

Begovic to Villa makes no sense. It is not the weakest part of the team and the £10 million reported bid could be used far better elsewhere- namely center mid and up front. Not unless we are to be taken over by August and then have loads of money. Guzan is good enough for now anyway. If I am being kind going from Stoke to Villa is a sideways move at best for Begovic, he could better than us imo.

Even if the Delph 10 mill clause is true (I doubt we're hearing the full story), I really couldn't see him moving to Man City.  He's proven himself to have a half a brain and clearly enjoys being captain and playing week in week out, move to Man City and he'll be lucky to make 10-15 starts per year, any young english player moving there to fill in the quota deserves everything they get....  Plus the Mirror is worse than muck, it's whole MO is to make up fantasy land nonsense like this

Honestly if his intention was to leave this summer (or in the near future) and just signed a contract to give something back to club after looking after him when injured and giving him a platform to make the england team, why would he have signed for 4.5 years?  That part just doesn't compute, if that were his intention i would have expected 2.5 year contract max, giving the club time to find a buyer or he walks for free with no feeling of guilt.

If however there is a clause saying 'if we are relegated' he can leave for 10 mill, then that I would absolutely believe and would make perfect sense, would also make sense that the Mirror would conveniently leave that little detail out as it makes a huge sensation become a complete non story.... 

If Stoke really have rejected an all cash offer of 10 mill for Begovic they are deluding themselves.

1. Player wants to leave

2. In final year of contract, his value is decreasing every day he isn't sold

3. 10 mill for a keeper at his level is great money, and that's before factoring in the final year of contract

4. If he is still at the club in Jan you can pretty much guarantee he'll sign a contract with overseas club and they'll get $0

5. I don't see a huge queue of clubs in for him, not as if they can spark a bidding war

What I also hate, is how Jamie Carragher has come out and said that he spoke to Clyne and asked when is he going to be signing for Liverpool.

Aren't they supposed to remain neutral?? Fu£&ing Sky messing football up.

Edited by Tayls

What I also hate, is how Jamie Carragher has come out and said that he spoke to Clyne and asked when is he going to be signing for Liverpool.

Aren't they supposed to remain neutral?? Fu£&ing Sky messing football up.

SKY=FIFA

I honestly think £10M is very fair for Delph. If Delph was a Sunderland player, would you be willing to buy him for more than £10M? I wouldn't. English players are always overpriced.

Henderson went for 20m and Delph is a England a starter so yeah I strongly disagree with you

• Like 1

Delph is definately worth 20 million. Even rubbish English players get close to 10 million. Hes still 25 and has a four year deal.

I have a feeling some team has met the Benteke clause (probably when it was initially announced) and have agreed to keep it quiet until we do our business like Tottenham did before they eventually sold Bale.

Its too quiet.. even from Bentekes side/agent. We are bidding big chunks of money at a fullback (Amavi) and a goalkeeper (Begovic). We have a team to rebuild and Tim and Tom probably know they will only get about 15 million to spend normally. So if they get 30 from Benteke.. 40 million to spend sounds reasonable.

So then what do we need? Were obviously in the market for a goal keeper and a full back.

Goalkeeper 7 million.

Right back 7 million.

Left Back - 5 million

Centre back 4-5 million.

Midfielder 10-12 million

Striker 10-15 million.

Second striker 5-6 million.

Will that be enough? I would think if Benteke goes we need two strikers. Austin and maybe a potential overseas gamble like Benteke was.

So thats possibly around 50 million to spend. I assume we will sell Guzan for a smallish fee. 2-3 million.. probably back to the states. Gil 2-3 million. Senderos very minimal fee. 1-2 milllion.

If Benteke isnt sold.. then we are in trouble...

Of course all this changes if we have a new owner who wants to spend say 25-30 million.

Either way.. it will be an interesting summer.

Edited by KSV