Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

James Nursey has an exclusive in tomorrow's Mirror according to Twitter, should be interesting, signing or takeover?

He hasn't tweeted anything about it.
Yeah I saw that, but it's doing the rounds. A strange thing to make up. We will see come 10pm tonight.
where you seeing this?his last tweet was 9 hours ago about chris wood :/

Rumoured fee for Cech is £11m. Rumoured fee for Begovic is £10m. Nah... I still don't agree with spending any budget we have on a keeper (unless by the end of the season we've improved every other positions) but I think spending anywhere near £10m on a keeper who's only got a year left on his contract is madness when we have a perfectly adequate keeper for our current position.

We sign any first choice keeper this summer and I'll question Sherwood's decision making unless by September 1st at least five other first choice players have also been signed.

Daniel Ainsworth, Telegraph editor, claimed on Twitter that we enquired about Llorente - although the player wasn't interested. He eludes to our 'ambition'.

It would fit how I predicted Sherwood would approach transfers.

Overly ambitious. I'm just not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet!

Can't see it being anything but a good thing myself. As long as there are more realistic Plan B's in place as well.

well the way it could be bad is by spunking a load of money on big names who are over the hill or who aren't actually that good. AKA the Harry Redknapp way

The way it could be good is by getting shrewd coups, meaning you've got players playing who are really at a club that's beneath them. AKA the Sam Allardyce at Bolton way.

James Nursey has an exclusive in tomorrow's Mirror according to Twitter, should be interesting, signing or takeover?

Yeah I saw that, but it's doing the rounds. A strange thing to make up. We will see come 10pm tonight.

On the #avfc feed on Twitter. Looks like Maradona, who used to post on here started it. Not sure where it's originated or how true it is. We will see I guess.

• Like 1

At least 5 first choice players? I'll have what you're having.

You're misunderstanding my point I think. I don't expect five first choice players, I'm just saying that's how many we'd need to justify spending any money on the goalkeeping position. Another words, I'd far rather see at least five other positions strengthened before our keeper.

On the #avfc feed on Twitter. Looks like Maradona, who used to post on here started it. Not sure where it's originated or how true it is. We will see I guess.

Mike Allen posted it, seems like it could be up on the website tonight though.

My gut feel is that it is takeover related. I can't image it being transfer related.

I have to say listening to the transfer gossip on talkSHITE this morning I was concerned with our Spurs links. It mentioned Sherwood wanted Townsend (Meh), Adebayor (Groan) and Tom Carroll (Pfft) as our targets. Have to say I will question Sherwood's judgement if we sign anyone from Spurs whose name isn't Moussa Dembele.