Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Willems was class for PSV last season. Got something like 12 assists as a LB. PSV have a great academy! Narsingh, PSV's right winger, looks decent too - good amount of assists and goals, he's been playing in the Dutch national side, and scored the other day for them. But obviously the prem is a massive step up - hard to say how they'd cope. 

Edited by tomh621

Are we running the danger of clubs increasing their asking prices if someone comes in for benteke?

Say Liverpool come in next week with their 32.5m offer after sterling is sold.... others will want to push our bids a bit more knowing we have the money sitting there

That might already be happening of course, unless tekkers signs a new deal. I'd rather we did our business as early as possible

or is worst comes to worst, seeing as most of us dont know the books, if sherwood is buying who he can now relatively cheap then once benteke is sold, to rebalance the books? £30m should cover a hole in the bank account.

Seeing as I was skeptical about Richards (still am actually), hated Huddlestone and wasn't fussed about Townsend, especially at north of £10m, I actually don't hate the ideas of Schlupp or N'Zonzi. Schlupp is a similar player to Bacuna, so I'm a bit surprised to see him getting so much stick on here, but I would agree that he only works in a 3-5-2 formation at wing-back, I don't want to see him at left-back (same as Bacuna, really). I just think N'Zonzi is a good player and would clearly improve the first XI. 

EDIT: Don't think we'll be in for Deeney unless Benteke leaves, but you never know. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Bamford has applied his trade in the championship all last season, yes I was exaggerating.

Seen this a few times in the last couple of weeks and feel the need to, not be a grammar nazi by any stretch, but just issue a minor correction in case people use it in the real world and end up getting quiet sniggers from behind the hands of others...

It's actually "plied his trade", or "to ply one's trade", rather than apply one's trade, with "ply" meaning "practicing or performing diligently" a trade

Although it is worth noting that 'applied his trade' also makes grammatical sense because he is presumably putting to use his trade ;)

N'zonzi would bring presence to our midfield, something we've been crying out for for years. Our central midfield players have all relatively been small-medium height in in recent years. Correct me if I am wrong! I watched Loftus-Cheek for the U21's last night, changed the game just because of his physical presence and pace with and without the ball. 

Just got a text off my mate. Tim Sherwood was on his flight back from Italy to Birmingham this morning. No idea if it was just him on holiday or villa related business but thought i'd post it on here and see what speculation it can cause.

Scratch that. Additional info that he was with his wife and had multiple suitcases so probably just a holiday. (But now he's back maybe we'll start to see some more activity)

Edited by Gillz

N'zonzi would bring presence to our midfield, something we've been crying out for for years. Our central midfield players have all relatively been small-medium height in in recent years. Correct me if I am wrong! I watched Loftus-Cheek for the U21's last night, changed the game just because of his physical presence and pace with and without the ball. 

based on the mourinho comments im not sure he's ready at the moment tbh, dont think he has any issue with talent just a questionable mentality

if chelsea got shot of him then it would be because he's a bad egg

how was chalobah for the U21s?

based on the mourinho comments im not sure he's ready at the moment tbh, dont think he has any issue with talent just a questionable mentality

if chelsea got shot of him then it would be because he's a bad egg

how was chalobah for the U21s?

BY far along with Liam Moore our worst player last night. Chalobah gave the ball away in ridiculous areas, forced passes, and played the hollywood to their keeper brilliant. Really really got on my nerves Chalobah last night. Loftus-Cheek actually played inter-changing one-twos around the box unlike any of the other central midfielders! Changed the game when he came on. 

• Like 2

Chalobah has definitely regressed, I thought he was a phenomenal talent at Watford.

...but that is what happens when you give teeangers £30k a week 5 year deals. Spot on about the hollywood balls, he thinks he is a real player. He isn't, not yet anyways.

• Like 2