Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I still think Sanchez could come good - a lot of players take a while to adjust to the league and he did show some brilliant flashes at times.

I agree i just think he needs some proper one to one coaching to iron out the things he is bad at sherwood should hopefully have this luxury now that he hasnt got the pressure as much on him.

In the way djemba djembe was going to come good ?

Sanchez isn't a premier league level player and I'd be surprised if Sherwood kept him , other than not receiving any offers for him

• Like 1

Sanchez isn't a premier league level player and I'd be surprised if Sherwood kept him , other than not receiving any offers for him

Ridiculous comparison. You do know Sanchez is a Colombian international right?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Even the new promoted clubs have been active and we set to loose the spine of our team.Will we keep on playing with fire year after year.

Did time just jump ahead 2 months without me realising or is it still early June?

I want to point out Sanchez had some excellent games and was Colombia's best player for years and years before Pekerman took over because he's a defensive midfield powerhouse. If he's played in the right role with the right expectations he will do well. The question is whether or not Sherwood wants to use that kind of player or not in his tactics.

Getting used to the league is a big part of it yes. But language and communication is a even bigger part. Can anyone else on the team speak spanish? Much less the defenders or midfield? People like to say that Football is a international language but on the defensive side of things it's just not. If you can't understand your teammates and talk to them in a way that's inteligible you're going to suffer, especially when playing under high pressure. This is generally where Sanchez looks bad. Mostly against Arsenal. 

If we lose Cleverly, Vlaar and Benteke. That's three of our best players that need replacing just to stand still never mind improve and I imagine that in itself would take up most of our budget.

Guzan

Trippier, Okore, Clark, Kolarov

Delph, Westwood, Micheal Bradley

Gil, Austin, Grealish

Trippier- £5-10

Kolarov- £4-6

Bradley- £6-9

Austin- £15-20

I'm as big a Bradley fan as any—he was the best player in the midfield for either team today against Netherlands—but I'd be shocked to see a player come back to the club after such a disappointing experience the first time around. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, as I think he's a Premier League-calibre player and think he could do a job for us, but I would be pretty shocked if something like that were to actually happen.

He made the 18 for every single game under Sherwood, and even got (pointlessly) brought on in the final. We've also just lost a midfield starter who were probably hoping to have around next season. 

I think there's no chance at all Sanchez goes anywhere until January at the earliest. He'd just be yet more money we had to spend replacing him. 

Guzan

Trippier, Okore, Clark, Kolarov

Delph, Westwood, Micheal Bradley

Gil, Austin, Grealish

Trippier- £5-10

Kolarov- £4-6

Bradley- £6-9

Austin- £15-20

I'm as big a Bradley fan as any—he was the best player in the midfield for either team today against Netherlands—but I'd be shocked to see a player come back to the club after such a disappointing experience the first time around. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, as I think he's a Premier League-calibre player and think he could do a job for us, but I would be pretty shocked if something like that were to actually happen.

He's on £85k a week at TFC. we won't be signing him

Something that concerns me is that TS obviously doesn't mind ruffling feathers of his players when he's not happy with them (announcing Jed Steer as an option ahead of Guzan for the final even though he was cup tied) and he seems to have the same idea as Lambert by just homing those he isn't keen on out of the squad.

We needed better quality in some (most) areas as it was, now with Cleverley going, that's another to replace.

Reports are that Cissohko is off, Hutton might be going, Guzan is not wanted, Wiemann is on Derby's radar, Gil obviously isn't fancied...etc etc etc. That's a lot of players we need to bring in and be decent, or better than what we had before, which will cost a bit of money.

Look at what happened at Spurs (nothing to do with Sherwood) when the spent all the Bale money, most of them bombed...and these were decent players, not the lower league, bargain basement stuff we'll probably be looking at...I don't want TS to get rid of all these players who are doing a sub par job, but we managed to stay up, and swap them for more rubbish like Joe Bennett et al. so we find ourselves in another struggle this time next year.

With the delayed kit release and the possible struggle to tie down a sponsor as well (unless I've misunderstood the situation), it's all looking a bit like the Aston Villa we've known and loathed this past 4/5 years.

Possibly not a speculation post...soz

L'equipe supposedly claim Florentin Pogba wants to move to England and that he has a deal offered (opportunity) from the club. Current deal expires 2016. http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/football/transferts/fil-info/aston-villa-sur-florentin-pogba-753803/ http://mobile.le10sport.com/football/mercato/mercato-asse-un-nouveau-depart-a-prevoir-pour-galtier-191456 The original l'equipe article is behind a paywall and I don't have a subscription there.

One thing that seems to have been established over recent seasons , is that the foriegn press end of our transfer deals get wind of it, long before the British press do.

• Like 1