Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Chiriches would be a good shout for CB IMO as Ron's more than likely off.

One of the worst players I've seen this year. Granted played at full back a lot, but he's everything a Premier League defender isn't. 

• Like 1

Yeah, don't forget to sign up Kevin Nolan.

One of the worst players I've seen this year. Granted played at full back a lot, but he's everything a Premier League defender isn't. 

Yes, he is scared of a tackle,scared to put his head in...and thinks he can pass it around like Beckenbauer. He can't

Yeah, don't forget to sign up Kevin Nolan.

Yes, he is scared of a tackle,scared to put his head in...and thinks he can pass it around like Beckenbauer. He can't

He's not that bad at CB IMO (at full back he is woeful), OK he's not 'World Class' but we're not really competing in the same market for those. Would he be an improvement on Vlaar, Okore and Baker? I think Yes, but that's just me I guess.

Edited by Supervillan78

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/02/aston-villa-interested-in-completing-10m-transfer-of-manchester-united-defender-jonny-evans-5224551/

I would 100% take Jonny Evans.

He's very underrated and would be our best defender by a distance. 

I agree evans would be an upgrade on anything we have here he has won things and his experience would be great.

'Evans has fallen behind youngsters Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett in the pecking order and looks likely to leave this summer.'

Says it all really.10 million, would have to pay me 10million to take him.

• Like 1

I reckon we could get him for £6-7m. He's a class above players like O'Shea and Brown. If he's given a proper chance at a club he can be Jagielkas' sort of level. Most proper Manchester united fans actually rate him. 

each position has to be looked at individually

with vlaar off, money needs to be spent on central defense, a new leader at the back, this is depending if senderos, baker, clark, okore, donacien and kinsella play a bigger role.

midfield is sorted if cleverley signs

definitely 2 new strikers to replace benteke, weimann and helenius

other than that, our full backs and midfield isnt too bad, its just either end of goal, plus we have far too many players to get off the books, who nobody will want (apart from benteke)

each position has to be looked at individually

with vlaar off, money needs to be spent on central defense, a new leader at the back, this is depending if senderos, baker, clark, okore, donacien and kinsella play a bigger role.

midfield is sorted if cleverley signs

definitely 2 new strikers to replace benteke, weimann and helenius

other than that, our full backs and midfield isnt too bad, its just either end of goal, plus we have far too many players to get off the books, who nobody will want (apart from benteke)

I would compleltey disagree with you about the fullback situation. I think these positions have been killing us for years now. 

Trippier and Robertson/Garbutt (or something similar) would make such a positive difference to the team, not just the squad, the first 11!!!

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

i do kinda see were you, and many others on here are coming from, but with a large selection of full backs, i wouldnt see it as an urgent position to improve on.

i was never a fan of hutton, but hes come back and done fairly alright, lowton has his moments, but is still young and improving, bacuna is a monster who can play anywhere, as for left back, bennett and stevens are weak, and i cant comment on cissoko or luna, but they dont seem popular on here?

#avfc scout watched 26yo #steaua Bucharest MF Alexandru Chipciu in Romanian Cup final on Sun, beat Uni Cluj 3-0

From a pretty good twitter account thats dedicated to posting location of scouts at games around Europe. Interesting aswell as it lets you know how many times a clubs scoued a certain player, think this is about the 3rd time they've mentioned we've watched this guy.

Edited by Pembers

Stambouli at Spurs has been told he can leave, I seem to remember him playing a few times under Sherwood. He came highly rated and still a good age. I'd be interested if Cleverley goes elsewhere.

Stambouli joined after Sherwood left

• Like 2

Stambouli, Vlad Chiricheș and Jonny Evans are all shocking suggestions to be fair!

We should go for Basel defender Fabian Schar who is better than those three suggested on here and is on a bosman and only 23.

9 goals in 70 for Basel and 5 in 12 for Switzerland all as a defender, as well as that he can actually defend..So far no one has snapped him up on a bosman but few clubs looking at him.

Edited by Villan4Life