Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Am I the only one that wants to keep Guzan has No.1?

Nope. Best keeper outside the top 4 for me, regardless of a slightly up and down season

I'd have Loris, Adrian, Schmeical and Howard over him from teams outside the top 4.

Nope. Best keeper outside the top 4 for me, regardless of a slightly up and down season

I'd have Loris, Adrian, Schmeical and Howard over him from teams outside the top 4.

Forster, Mignolet and possibly Krul as well

Guzan is ok but this season has been his worst as of yet.

I rather have a goalkeeper with more command of the area and better distribution

Better keeper than all of them for me

Than Loris? That's crazy talk.

Mignolet and Krul are you off your rocker? They're as inconsistent and more error prone than Guzan has ever been. Again, one obvious error and vague references to a "unsteady season" or whatever. Any actual specifics? He's been fine. And Schmeichel still has a way to go - he's had one good year in the Premiership so far, again see how he does with the length of exposure of other keepers.

I'll concede Forster as well as top 4.

edit: just seen adrian and howard  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

epic troll

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Than Loris? That's crazy talk.

If you say so, but Guzan is ridiculously underrated  on here for some reason, based on a few iffy moments this season.

His distribution needs a lot of work and he could be more comfortable with the ball at his feet, BUT he commands his area a lot better than most give him credit for, and with a consistent back 4 in front of him he's got the potential to be a top, top, top keeper

• Like 1

Mignolet and Krul are you off your rocker? They're as inconsistent and more error prone than Guzan has ever been. Again, one obvious error and vague references to a "unsteady season" or whatever. Any actual specifics? He's been fine. And Schmeichel still has a way to go - he's had one good year in the Premiership so far, again see how he does with the length of exposure of other keepers.

He's about their level this season, all of them has had better seasons before this

Adrian's had a really good season for West Ham, similar to Guzan in 12/13.

I think Guzan has dipped to mid table in terms of the 20 keepers but people like Mingolet are just as bad with the ball when it's passed back and certainly weaker on crosses.

There are a lot of good keepers in the prem nowadays, standard is far higher than 10 years ago when there were joke keepers at the bottom teams.

He's about their level this season, all of them has had better seasons before this

How many different defensive lineups has Guzan played behind this season though?

HOWARD. He's been absolute crap all season, much worse than Guzan. Amazed he keeps getting games at Everton.

I'd like to keep Guzan as #1, but I think he needs better competition to keep him on his toes. We should be in for a keeper.

I don't think we need to meddle too much, just strengthen certain areas.

In my opinion we need to:

Release/Sell:

Vlaar, Weimann, Sylla, Luna, Cole and Herd (possibly Bennett and Cissokho)

Bring in:

Cleverly

Sinclair (I've liked what I've seen so far and the fee is a bargain)

New LB

New CB

New CM - (Luongo appears to be a done deal)

Striker

Sign Benteke, Baker and Grealish on new deals

I think signing a keeper for competition whilst we're still paying Given's wages for another year is a bit of a waste of money. I'd concentrate on left back, young midfielder, Sinclair and Cleverly, a centre half, possibly a striker and maybe scout Spain for a tricky little technically gifted attacking midfielder.

How many different defensive lineups has Guzan played behind this season though?

No I agree, he hasn't been helped at all by managers or defenders this season, nor the seasons before

Forster, Mignolet and possibly Krul as well

Guzan is ok but this season has been his worst as of yet.

I rather have a goalkeeper with more command of the area and better distribution

He is much better than Mignolet and Krul is rubbish last 18 months

For a moment I thought you said Foster as well, would have been serious words :P

• Like 1

I know Guzan hasnt played to his usual high standards this season but I really dont think hes been so bad he needs replacing. I wouldnt even say hes been bad this season, just average, would be disappointed if we sold him.

I think he's unlucky that his slight, and it is only slight, dip in form has come as Sherwood got the job.

Sherwood has admitted that he didn't watch Aston villa before he got the job, so really his only experience of guzan has been the last couple of months.

Had he been here all season then I don't think he'd have dropped him as anyone could tell you he's a better keeper than Given

Well according to Roy Tim was hanging around like a bad smell before he got the job so I'm sure he saw some of it.

If it's another keeper Tim is after I'd look at Mitch Langerak, number 2 at Dortmund. He's only young and would put significant pressure on Guzan and Given the way J

ed Steer clearly hasn't.