Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

How about Rob Green ? I think he's a top keeper.

Thing is though you get someone in like that and you are immediately giving them a fairly healthy wage, we've already got Given, Guzan & Steer who between them are probably taking home 100k a week, I'd prefer us to get players in who are on the way up instead of on the way down, tell em here is you're 20k a week go out a prove this season you are worth £40k a week and we'll give it to you next season. 

We should 100% be buying on the continent because the exchange rate is so bad from the Euro point of view. Like that €4.5M is just over £3.2M.

Edited by Folski
  • Like 4

Rob Green has been relegated now 4 times, that reason alone is why I wouldnt touch him

though I have read that he is joining Chelsea to replace Cech 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

It's the Scott Carson trick of saving a million shots for a relegated team and looking decent that way.

Green to me parries too many shots back into the six yard box and makes errors like Guzan on a far more regular basis like that mis kick in the last minute at home to Chelsea.

The economics don't add up either, replacing a 30 + reserve on high wages with another.

I wouldn't be against getting someone like Kieran Westwood from Sheffield Wednesday where he's had a brilliant season. Didn't get much of a chance at Sunderland really and think he could push Guzan next season.

Would anybody have flamini, I'm sure he is on a free at the end of the season , I think he would be a good calm head behind clev and delph and his wages shouldn't be too much .... Or should we be aiming higher / younger or is Westwood good enough

Would anybody have flamini, I'm sure he is on a free at the end of the season , I think he would be a good calm head behind clev and delph and his wages shouldn't be too much .... Or should we be aiming higher / younger or is Westwood good enough

Would have had him 2 years ago but not now. Very injury prone too.

The luongo sp? Deal is done apparently, no shock there but apparently is 4million with 4 players going on loan the other way, 2 others possible perm. Robinson,Hepburn Murphy and donacien three of the loans, Kevin turner one of the permanents.might not at be announced as one deal but that's how its working apparently. I've been told that so will wait and see if it comes true. Apparently it does just need to be announced

If that's true, that would be a pretty poor deal for a guy who's likely to be a squad player. 

Who do you guys think will be allowed to leave for free/on the cheap?

Weidmans days are numbered I reckon

Almost nailed on Expected Free's - Bent, Vlaar, Herd, Stevens, Tonev & possibly Given to release wages 

Almost nailed on Expected Cheap's - Gil, Sylla, Luna,

All the below will be going into the final year of their contracts, so its either offer new deals or  :wave:  for nothing/couple of quid!

Shay Given, Charles N’Zogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Philippe Senderos, Kieran Richardson, Janoi Donacien, Yacouba Sylla, Nicklas Helenius, Leandro Bacuna, Joe Cole, Gary Gardner, Andi Weimann, Callum Robinson. 

Underlined = keeps me thinks!

The luongo sp? Deal is done apparently, no shock there but apparently is 4million with 4 players going on loan the other way, 2 others possible perm. Robinson,Hepburn Murphy and donacien three of the loans, Kevin turner one of the permanents.might not at be announced as one deal but that's how its working apparently. I've been told that so will wait and see if it comes true. Apparently it does just need to be announced

If that's true, that would be a pretty poor deal for a guy who's likely to be a squad player. 

It's daz.

So it's not true.

• Like 2