Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

A couple of new names in regards to any potential new keeper:

Villa are stepping up interest in a new goalkeeper after watching Cologne's Timo Horn at the weekend.

Villa have considered David Button at Brentford and have sent scouts to watch Molde's Orjan Nyland play against Lillestrom tonight.

Manager Sherwood has concerns over Brad Guzan and wants to increase competition with Shay Given, now 39.

Horn is highly-rated in Germany and would not come cheap.

The 22-year-old is already being touted as a future successor to Manuel Neuer in the national side along with Leverkusen's 23-year-old Bernd Leno.

Both have been scouted by Arsenal, Liverpool and Real Madrid also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3079982/Roma-hope-beat-Liverpool-Chelsea-Manchester-United-signing-30million-Aston-Villa-striker-Christian-Benteke.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Horn be a brilliant signing from reports that I have heard about him

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AT THE END OF 2014-15 SEASON

Arsenal: Mathieu Flamini, Abou Diaby, Damian Martinez

Aston Villa: Darren Bent, Ron Vlaar, Chris Herd, Enda Stevens

Burnley: Dean Marney, Steven Reid, Ross Wallace, Michael Duff, Danny Ings

Chelsea: Didier Drogba, Gael Kakuta

Crystal Palace: Shola Ameobi, Jerome Thomas, Brede Hangeland, Owen Garvan, Damien Delaney

Everton: Sylvain Distin, Antolin Alcaraz, Luke Garbutt

Hull City: Steve Harper, Liam Rosenior, Paul McShane, Alex Bruce, Stephen Quinn, Yannick Sagbo, Maynor Figueroa, Joe Dudgeon

Leicester: Esteban Cambiasso, Matthew Upson, Paul Konchesky, Marcin Wasilewski, Dean Hammond, Conrad Logan, Zoumana Bakayogo

Liverpool: Kolo Toure, Glen Johnson, Jon Flanagan, Jerome Sinclair

Manchester City: Richard Wright, James Milner, Micah Richards, John Guidetti

Manchester United: Tom Cleverley, James Wilson, Ben Amos

Newcastle United: Jonas Guitierrez, Ryan Taylor, Sammy Ameobi, Freddie Woodman

Queen Park Rangers: Shaun Wright-Phillips, Rio Ferdinand, Joey Barton, Richard Dunne, Brian Murphy, Bobby Zamora, Karl Henry, Clint Hill, Alejandro Faurlin 

Southampton: Artur Boruc

Stoke City: Jonathan Walters, Thomas Sorensen, Peter Odemwingie, Andy Wilkinson, Wilson Palacios

Sunderland: Wes Brown, Anthony Reveillere

Swansea City: Gerhard Tremmel, David Cornell

Tottenham Hotspur: Brad Friedel

West Bromwich Albion: Boaz Myhill, Chris Baird, Gareth McAuley, Youssuf Mulumbu, Claudio Yacob

West Ham: Guy Demel, Carlton Cole, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Nene

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3078177/Premier-League-free-transfer-list-2015-James-Milner-Chelsea-hero-Didier-Drogba-Arsenal-crock-Abou-Diaby.html

Shola Ameobi plays for Palace?!?

One of the plus points of having Lambert in charge, was that so thought promising youngsters would come to us because he have youth a chance.

Now I'm even more confident of that prospect, with Sherwood! James Wilson is a player that Sherwood could probably tempt to join us.

I look forward to us signing some good up-and-coming youngsters. Even if we loan them out straight away, Chelsea stylee.

Guidetti i'm a big fan of but I think his time at Feyenoord was over inflated slightly. A lot of his goals that season were penalties IIRC.

It wasn't just the goals, his overall contribution was brilliant. Strong hold up forward but also had great control for his size. He was a revelation and essential to the overachievement that season (Feyenoord had one of their worst ever seasons prior to that).

• Like 1

I think Ings would be a good replacement for weimann, all this talk of utd and Liverpool, I really don't see it, he'd be a great back up for the likes of us

Why not?

Helps fill up the english player quota, on a free, probably won't complain too much and will earn quite a bit if he does to keep him quiet.

I would argue it's a perfect signing for those and probably City.

• Like 1

No way Utd would let Wilson go surely? He's got 3 from 13 while Falcao has got 4 from 25 if wikipedia serves me correctly. I would have thought Giggs would have a word and keep him on, especially with all this drama about not giving Pogba a chance and letting him go for relative pennies.

I think Ings would be a good replacement for weimann, all this talk of utd and Liverpool, I really don't see it, he'd be a great back up for the likes of us

Why not?

Helps fill up the english player quota, on a free, probably won't complain too much and will earn quite a bit if he does to keep him quiet.

I would argue it's a perfect signing for those and probably City.

Do you think he's good enough for a top 4 side though? I certainly don't

No way Utd would let Wilson go surely? He's got 3 from 13 while Falcao has got 4 from 25 if wikipedia serves me correctly. I would have thought Giggs would have a word and keep him on, especially with all this drama about not giving Pogba a chance and letting him go for relative pennies.

It's odd that it's been left this late. Which likely means that either the club aren't intent on offering him a new deal or the player has turned down their advances. Maybe because he hasn't got much football despite their striking problems this season.

Nor me, I understand the English player quota thing but to me he's nowhere near the level that those guys are aiming to be

Agreed

I agree.

Which is probably why Liverpool will sign him for £38 million

Made me chuckle