2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I think Taylor was just speaking as a fan, I doubt he knows what's going on. Also with Collymore I reckon Fox just told him what was going to happen in the event that a takeover doesn't happen, which is perhaps how Fox is focused at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself is out the loop to a large degree.

And as for Albion you can't polish a turd.

Manchester City were a bit of a turd, and they have been polished rather exquisitely. 

Man City also had a brand new stadium and a very good academy. West BRom have neither

And as for Albion you can't polish a turd.

Manchester City were a bit of a turd, and they have been polished rather exquisitely.

Man City also had a brand new stadium and a very good academy. West BRom have neither

More than anything else man city had man utd and a rivalry that was instantly marketable globally (it's even red v blue) baggies really have got nothing, would be an incredibly hard sell

• Like 1

I think Taylor was just speaking as a fan, I doubt he knows what's going on. Also with Collymore I reckon Fox just told him what was going to happen in the event that a takeover doesn't happen, which is perhaps how Fox is focused at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself is out the loop to a large degree.

If you mean Stan is out of the loop then yes I'd say that's fair, but surely Tom Fox IS the loop?!

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox has just been told to work on the assumption that things are going ahead as normal and that he doesn't know much about the takeover certainly not the plans of the new owners.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox has just been told to work on the assumption that things are going ahead as normal and that he doesn't know much about the takeover certainly not the plans of the new owners.

He's the CEO.

So the new owners have regaled him with their plans when they haven't even bought the club yet? And Fox in turn has told it all to Collymore? I doubt it.

Right had some ITK passed today. Source is a mate of mine who isn't even a villa fan. Claims his partner works as part of the legal team. Documents have all been signed since last Thursday and will be officially announced on Wednesday.

He had no idea who the buyer was

So the new owners have regaled him with their plans when they haven't even bought the club yet? And Fox in turn has told it all to Collymore? I doubt it.

There is a lot of distance between this scenario and Fox not knowing much about a takeover.

Fox probably knows all there is to know about the takeover from Villa's side, i.e. if there is one, how close it is, chances etc., but probably doesn't know a great deal on what any potential owners plans are.

Right had some ITK passed today. Source is a mate of mine who isn't even a villa fan. Claims his partner works as part of the legal team. Documents have all been signed since last Thursday and will be officially announced on Wednesday.

swear somebody touted the 7th / 8th as an announcement due about the take over? I've been telling a couple of mates this was the date something was going to be announced. Could be right mate!

I think Fox will know if a consortium are in exclusivity and perhaps their identity but not sure he'd need to know much more than that. Unless they (potential new owners) have made it clear that Fox is part of their plans and they've briefed him.

As for tomorrows kit launch/'Wednesday's meeting', I seriously doubt either has anything to do with the takeover, I think what we are seeing happening at the club right now is in part Randy's plan B. That's not to say I don't think we'll get taken over just they I don't think anything is imminent or guaranteed.

Well lets hope your mate is right ramshackler

The first bit absolutely yes.

The second bit absolutely no.

• Like 1

I hope so, ive become an absolute maniac checking all media outlets all day everyday to see if anything has been announced!

Â