2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I see Pete Colley has posted the question on Twitter

'100 where did it go? Tim or Pete?'

Makes you think he knows something is afoot

Ha yeah I remember those 2 having that bet. Sherwood said we wouldn't have new owners by the start of pre season and Colley bet that we would. I reckon Colley will be quids in.

I reckon Sherwood will be quids in.  We will find out some info soon hopefully.

I see Pete Colley has posted the question on Twitter

'100 where did it go? Tim or Pete?'

Makes you think he knows something is afoot

Ha yeah I remember those 2 having that bet. Sherwood said we wouldn't have new owners by the start of pre season and Colley bet that we would. I reckon Colley will be quids in.

I reckon Sherwood will be quids in. We will find out some info soon hopefully.

Oops I meant to put Sherwood, just edited it

I'm not really that bothered if we're sold. I like the CEO, I like the Manager, and I am confident that we are going in the right direction for the first time in 6 years with the transfer window that we're currently having. Of course that feeling could change but as it stands, if we aren't sold but the club is better run than Lerner can stay on.

• Like 1

Apparently Colley has paid the money to Sherwood. Sherwood has said he knows nothing about the takeover.

It doesn't really make much sense. Why would Colley pay Sherwood now when nothing has really happened either way? Unless they originally set a time limit on the bet. Or it's just a bit of banter for TV.

If we aren't going to be taken over then a statement needs to be made putting to bed the rumours of exclusivity periods and potential new owners.

Sherwood claiming that he doesn't know anything on the subject does not mean that it isn't happening.

The bet was we wouldn't be taken over by the time pre-season starts. I assume pre-season has officially begun as of today if Colley has paid up. It doesn't mean we won't get taken over in the near future and Sherwood isn't going to tell the media of all people anything about what's potentially going on. Not sure what people expect him to say. We've always been very quiet and internal about our business so it's to be expected that our manager would be told not to say anything. They probably made him sign an NDA.

Nothing to read into. Besides, Pete Colley is a shite journalist.

Here's the vid.

He even specifically mentions today as being the first day of preseason for us and confirms that he doesn't know anything and 'just likes a punt'.

Nothing to read into at all, chaps.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Apparently Colley has paid the money to Sherwood. Sherwood has said he knows nothing about the takeover.

Then asked if Colley wanted another 100 quid on Benteke

100 quid on him staying or going?

100 quid on him staying or going?

50/50?

Sherwood celebrates 'wager' win.

" It's just under two months since Tim Sherwood had a wager with our reporter Pete Colley about the ownership of the club going into the new season. "

Did fox or Lerner specity a date on when they would remove the club from the market to start concentrating on the season ahead?

Sherwood celebrates 'wager' win.

" It's just under two months since Tim Sherwood had a wager with our reporter Pete Colley about the ownership of the club going into the new season. "

Well done on giving your winnings to Acorns Tim. 

I'm not really that bothered if we're sold. I like the CEO, I like the Manager, and I am confident that we are going in the right direction for the first time in 6 years with the transfer window that we're currently having. Of course that feeling could change but as it stands, if we aren't sold but the club is better run than Lerner can stay on.

We're going nowhere without investment though. Would you trust Lerner to invest in the squad this summer? I certainly wouldn't.

Reckon something would've leaked by now if anything was close.  I can't see us being sold by the end of the summer.

Well if the exclusivity period started 8th June, it could be as late as 22nd July that we hear something. Surely not later though right?

Obvs does not mean it will be good news but you know... at least it'll be news!

• Like 1

Â