Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

at a guess, regular first team football, or a guaranteed start?

Not saying any of this is whats happening, just that its a possibility given the delay.

The Man Cikty scenario is less likely as unless they have made illegal contact with RHM they cant have made him an offer.

I think if he signs a contract, then he can get a loan and get a chance to play a little more football, I think a loan would be good for him at this stage of his development. If he doesn't sign, then he'll be sink or swim somewhere (most likely Glasgow by the sound of things) and he'll need to grow up and show up very, very quickly - that could be the making of him, or it could finish him up. I can't see him going the Crowley route and ending up on the hamsters wheel of loans for a great big Premier League club, simply because I think Crowley was much better as a player and that there isn't the same interest - in the longer term, that might be good news for RHM.

• Like 1

I've met him once as I've said before on here, he's a very nice, well mannered and funny young man, not only that he's a brilliant young player. He's been at the football club since he was 9 years old, I personally don't think he'll leave but we'll see

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I've met him once as I've said before on here, he's a very nice, well mannered and funny young man

Not meant as a criticism of you SGC, but this isn't necessarily a good sign. Delfouneso's problem was that he was too nice; he was big, quick, skillful, but not aggressive enough, not enough nasty. Good top level strikers are very rarely nice people. 

• Like 2

He's not as naturally talented with the ball at his feet as Delfouneso, nowhere near but I think Hepburn-Murphy has the required mentality and dedication. Delfouneso is still a good player, he's at Swindon Town, that's still a good level, edit- I understand perfectly where you're coming OBE

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good top level strikers are very rarely nice people

What makes you think that? It's completely untrue IMO. I've not met many, but they're all nice people. And of those I haven't met, most come across really well as people.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not meant as a criticism of you SGC, but this isn't necessarily a good sign. Delfouneso's problem was that he was too nice; he was big, quick, skillful, but not aggressive enough, not enough nasty. Good top level strikers are very rarely nice people. 

Delfouneso's problem was simply lack of quality. Everything about his game was not good enough for the top division. Having seen the Championship too closely for comfort, I don't think he could do much in this division either. There is a world of difference from the youth levels to playing in first teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Heretic said:

Delfouneso's problem was simply lack of quality. Everything about his game was not good enough for the top division. Having seen the Championship too closely for comfort, I don't think he could do much in this division either. There is a world of difference from the youth levels to playing in first teams.

I agree with you entirely but also the difference from League 2 to League 1 to The Championship and to the Premier League are all massive too.

Don't write off Delfouneso yet, he's still only 25 years old. He could still come back to haunt us, as a kid he was amazing

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

i think those that make it have a certain nastiness

I see where you're coming from - on the pitch.

In that case yes. I thought you just meant generally.

Don't write off Delfouneso yet, he's still only 25 years old. He could still come back to haunt us, as a kid he was amazing

He's a busted flush. If he ever players top division football again I will run across Villa Park during a game dressed in a tutu and nothing else

• Like 2

I agree with you entirely but also the difference from League 2 to League 1 to The Championship and to the Premier League are all massive too.

No chance. Will be playing with Stefan Moore in a year or two.

• Like 1

If wiki is correct he has scored 1 goal in 18 league games, he is a striker who doesn't score goals.

Although I haven't followed his career closely, so if he has changed his game, dropped into midfield like Paul Scholes I can only apologise.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I dunno, it's not from meeting them, more that i think those that make it have a certain nastiness, a certain single mindedness, Shearer, Defoe, Costa, Firmino, Van Persie, Aguero, Ibra, Long, Deeney, Vardy, - they all seem like they'd murder your granny for a goal.

Gabby had it coming through, he wanted to shame defenders, he'd chip away at them all game, in their ear games were a fight - it's what's gone from him. It's what stopped Vassell doing justice to his enormous talent, he was shy, he just wanted to play.

Thierry Henry said English football was a fight, he celebrated every goal in front of the away fans, he was arrogant and a bully. Delfouneso always looked like he wanted to help a defender up, shake his hand, share a smile; Shearer always looked like he wanted him dead.

I'm sure they're all great company off the pitch and I think that's where I'm in the wrong in the way I've described RHM - but in my experience of watching youth football, there are lots of players that have the talent to come through, the ones that really seem to do well though always seem to have an edge.

Gabby had it coming through, he wanted to shame defenders, he'd chip away at them all game, in their ear games were a fight - it's what's gone from him. It's what stopped Vassell doing justice to his enormous talent, he was shy, he just wanted to play.

Vassell enormous talent are you really sure about that? 

Imo he was bang average.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's not as naturally talented with the ball at his feet as Delfouneso, nowhere near but I think Hepburn-Murphy has the required mentality and dedication. Delfouneso is still a good player, he's at Swindon Town, that's still a good level, edit- I understand perfectly where you're coming OBE

I saw The Fonz live a few weeks back when Walsall played down there. Swindon were terrible that day and indeed are just above the relegation zone.

My opinion of Fonz when he was here and indeed seeing him five years one is he just isn't quick enough in the mind when playing e.g. once he pulled clear of the defence but instead of shooting took an extra touch and a defender cleared. He's been bench warming last few weeks so league 2 probably awaits.

• Like 1

Â