• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Nice touch letting the young Murphy Hepburn Rushian fella debut. Of course, this was the first league game this season where we might afford such a luxury!

That first half was like shooting practice in a training session.

That move for the first goal was sex

Great to see both strikers with a brace a piece. N'Zog MOTM for me, applied himself like never before today, was dribbling with purpose and had an end product. Clark & Okore good again, Bacuna was brilliant first half.

Sherwood is a diamond geeza

• Like 1

2 of our biggest wins in the past 5 years or so have come against Sunderland - there must be a reason for this?

They're the one team in the league who are consistently shitter than us?

Difficult game to read too much into, Sunderland capitulated after the opening goal. It's fantastic to see us go for the throat again, we've dropped too many points to teams who were there for the taking in recent years so punishing one of them is more than welcome.

I'm not sure what to make of the Carles Gil situation though. Could it really be that Sherwood doesn't rate him?

I'll just copy and paste my thoughts from the match thread:

I think there may be method in Tim's madness. Gil is clearly a good player, one for the future, with no Lambert baggage. We don't want him to think he's the saviour, and turn into Billy Big Bollocks, we want him to be a team player. But the likes of Gabby, N'Zogbia and Weimann were low on confidence, and need to start believing in themselves to get back in form. A manager vote of confidence will do that. Smart work by Sherwood, IMO.

• Like 1

Incidentally, during half time I had a quick game of computer scrabble, and at one point I got dealt (in this exact order) the following letters:

SIRNZOG

Wish I'd screenshotted it now.

• Like 1

awww yiss! great game. hard to fault anyone on the pitch today. Bacuna MOTM for me with Zogbia coming in on a close second. Great to see Tekkers and Gabby smacking them in again, it feels like a whole new team!

whatever you're doing Tim, keep it up :D I was quite sceptical to his appointment but can't really fault anything hes done yet, might not be what I would have done but its working wonders :)

Â