Weekends football 14/15 March

andykeenan

Is the Premier league getting stronger and the reason that English teams are struggling in Europe or are our top teams just not good enough anymore?

the latter!

said in the mid week thread SSN did a thing after chelsea on how the prems problem is the bottom of the league is much stronger than la liga etc, is it bollocks, the prems problem is the top of the league isnt as strong as la liga etc

bayern / real madrid / barca etc not losing to the foreign equivalent of burnley is nothing to do with burnley and everything to do with man city

I know what you mean, but I just wonder if Barca win at a canter tonight against SD Eibar and City struggle against Burnley - surely that only benefits La Liga?

Barca lost at Sociedad earlier this season when they were near the bottom.

It's a myth the prem is the only league where top can beat bottom, Man. City, Arsenal, Man. United and Chelsea average about 15 home wins a season, there's plenty of easy wins in there, when Chelsea beat us 3-0 earlier this season they barely got out of third gear and City were like that a few weeks back when they took out Newcastle 5-0.

Is the Premier league getting stronger and the reason that English teams are struggling in Europe or are our top teams just not good enough anymore?

bayern / real madrid / barca etc not losing to the foreign equivalent of burnley is nothing to do with burnley and everything to do with man city

Cant agree there. 

IMO the likes of bayern and barca wouldnt be dropping points at burnley

Sat 1st November- Barca 0-1 Celta Vigo.

the latter!

said in the mid week thread SSN did a thing after chelsea on how the prems problem is the bottom of the league is much stronger than la liga etc, is it bollocks, the prems problem is the top of the league isnt as strong as la liga etc

I know what you mean, but I just wonder if Barca win at a canter tonight against SD Eibar and City struggle against Burnley - surely that only benefits La Liga?

Barca lost at Sociedad earlier this season when they were near the bottom.

It's a myth the prem is the only league where top can beat bottom, Man. City, Arsenal, Man. United and Chelsea average about 15 home wins a season, there's plenty of easy wins in there, when Chelsea beat us 3-0 earlier this season they barely got out of third gear and City were like that a few weeks back when they took out Newcastle 5-0.

They also lost at home to celta vigo and Malaga but they are more midtable teams

arsenal could have had 10

west ham looked awful, on the beach already, if arsenal play like that vs monaco (albeit more clinical rather than trying to walk it in) it could be a great game

I'd fancy they could have come back from 2-1 but to they have to score at least 3 goals probably more to go through. Thats a tough ask against a team that defend very well. It could be good though i agree. For me Arsenal are the best footballing side we have. Should be challenging for the title really, although they could still get 2nd 

I think they're the best footballing team by a distance but again at times it looked like it was to their detriment, they might just have sorted the DMC out with coquelin, they still need another CB and in the 1st leg vs Monaco IMO welbeck was back to his what does he actually do? best

If Walcott and Ramsey can do it twice in a week then I don't think the tie is dead, like you said though Monaco have a great defence and they used the counter brilliantly at the emirates

United fans will be insufferable tomorrow. I have a mate who thinks Van Gaal has had a tougher job than Moyes, even with £150m to spend.

Interesting how we play both these teams after Swansea.

Every time I see Newcastle they look absolutely dreadful, beats me how they manage to stay away from relegation danger.

Same for me. They have little goal threat with Cisse out banned aswell.

To me their squad is not better than ours.

• Like 1

Â