pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

Ive seen four games in the last three years. One was a particularly harrowing 3-0 defeat to Everton at home where i very much wanted to leave at half time. In those three years ive been disappointed to the end of existence by Villa.

So imagine how the season ticket holders of the last three years have felt. Miserable, angry, frustrated and utterly powerless I presume. Then imagine their celebration at Villa actually achieving something today, FA Cup Semi-Final, at Wembley, having beaten local rivals in the process. Pitch invasions are rare beasts, but this one was **** long overdue. Give them their moment in the sun, their support, passion, patience and £££ deserve it.

They can all chip in and pay the fine then

• Like 1

It was very moronic running on before the final whistle had even blown, that dosen't shed us in a good light at all so no issue with us being fined.

Most clubs do this though, Man. United fans have their yearly pitch invasions at VP whenever they scored, Chelsea fans were on the pitch when Lampard broke the record here.

It's not right but it happens when football fans get carried away.

Edit: Was in a pub watching so couldn't hear the comms but I believe the BBC were on their high horse about this. They need to have a word with themselves at scheduling it at half 5 ffs.

Edited by VillaChris

Ive seen four games in the last three years. One was a particularly harrowing 3-0 defeat to Everton at home where i very much wanted to leave at half time. In those three years ive been disappointed to the end of existence by Villa.

So imagine how the season ticket holders of the last three years have felt. Miserable, angry, frustrated and utterly powerless I presume. Then imagine their celebration at Villa actually achieving something today, FA Cup Semi-Final, at Wembley, having beaten local rivals in the process. Pitch invasions are rare beasts, but this one was **** long overdue. Give them their moment in the sun, their support, passion, patience and £££ deserve it.

They can all chip in and pay the fine then

Our share of a five billion pound tv deal should cover it. Live a little my friend.

• Like 3

If the semi final wasn't at Wembley then there wouldn't be a pitch invasion IMO.

Unfortunately for most fans football is going to suck. It's not like Man utd fans where they don't even care about winning the League Cup enough to stay after the game and watch their team lift the trophy. If a lower league team beat a prem side, there's a pitch invasion. If a team avoid relegation, there's a pitch invasion. We now have fans that haven't seen much success here, getting to Wembley is worth celebrating for us now, that's where we are at.

I don't like the invasion but understand it, when a few do it loads more join in. We should have had police all the way around the ground to stop that. The stuff before the final whistle was very silly but I feel the media are blowing it up to be more serious than it was. It was pretty similar to when we beat Blackburn in the semi finals and then I remember MOTD saying 'Look what it means to the fans'. 

• Like 1

The BBC played no small part in ensuring that thousands of people turned up to the game pissed.  Two clubs separated by four miles, lets have a 5:30 kick off on a Saturday in spring. Nobody will be out on the all dayer before the game, right?    They got the atmosphere they wanted and they got the controversy they wanted, the win bonus covers our inevitable fine and I actually get to go to work happy for the second time in a week. I can't remember the last time that happened so who cares about what Mark **** Lawrenson thinks?

• Like 1

Blown way out of proportion, I was in the upper holte so had no chance on getting on the pitch. Before the final whistle was stupid, I can't help but think a few thought the game had ended and went on and then people followed. They didn't go on to cause trouble FFs! The scheduling was ridiculous, I saw people that could barely stand up! But I also saw kids on e hallowed turf for the first time and memories they won't forget telling their friends at school on Monday. Anything that wasn't done in celebration is to be ashamed of but thats a very small minority as always. Most of the Albion fans had gone by this time and those that stayed couldn't contain themselves and threw seats. After what we've been through the last 4 years, a trip to wembley is something to look forward to, a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Are those that went on the pitch during the world cup final idiots as well?

• Like 3

Most of the premature pitch invaders seemed to be from the Lower Doug Ellis. It's funny how they couldn't muster up the energy to sing all game but then couldn't wait until full time to enter the pitch.

Edited by vivahate
  • Like 1

Just caught up with the BBC highlights, the commentators really need to get over themselves. If that was Bradford fans invading the pitch they would be talking about the 'magic of the cup'. Pathetic hyperbole.

• Like 3

Our share of a five billion pound tv deal should cover it. Live a little my friend.

If running onto a football pitch is your definition of "living" then I'm glad I don't have your life :)

If running onto a football pitch is your definition of "living" then I'm glad I don't have your life :)

Tell that to some of the kids that went on and can't wait to tell their friends about it t school and show them photos.

• Like 1

Tell that to some of the kids that went on and can't wait to tell their friends about it t school and show them photos.

If it was just kids running on there'd not be an issue

Explain to me the difference and what is the age limit of acceptability please.

• Like 1

Kids are kids and are highly unlikely to contain drunk thugs in their numbers. Adults are not kids, though they do act like it sometimes, and are very likely to include drunken thugs in their numbers (the kind who, allegedly, assaulted some WBA players, stole our own captain's armband and boots and bit him, and decided swinging from the crossbars was somehow a good idea). 

The FA would be unlikely to fine a club for a spontaneous post-match pitch invasion by 11 year olds is another important factor, nor would home or away players feel in any way endangered.

Gloss it up however you like, you did something incredibly stupid with a lot of other people. The only real difference is that you've dropped yourself in it by saying it on the board, which Limpid will be obliged to turn over to the police along with your email/IP address.

Gloss it up however you like, you did something incredibly stupid with a lot of other people. The only real difference is that you've dropped yourself in it by saying it on the board, which Limpid will be obliged to turn over to the police along with your email/IP address.

What a **** travesty of a world when this is the case (the glee in your post is so barely contained, btw), i.e. that running on the pitch after a sports match carries with it so many problematic implications that it is deemed 'incredibly stupid'.

It's a world that deserves to eat itself through its own arsehole as that's where its head is.

• Like 3

Kids are kids and are highly unlikely to contain drunk thugs in their numbers. Adults are not kids, though they do act like it sometimes, and are very likely to include drunken thugs in their numbers (the kind who, allegedly, assaulted some WBA players, stole our own captain's armband and boots and bit him, and decided swinging from the crossbars was somehow a good idea). 

The FA would be unlikely to fine a club for a spontaneous post-match pitch invasion by 11 year olds is another important factor, nor would home or away players feel in any way endangered.

Sheeze, its the rozzers. :D

Â