Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

Hm. 4 murders in a year in a major city. Doesn't sound right.

Especially when the same map says nowt happened in Glasgow in 2013. Not having that!

It isn't, its wrong because of the way the map has been extracted. There were 68 according to the coroner although in terms of criminal cases that number will vary but it was nowhere near 4.

Reminds me of this which I have on my wall at home

literary-map-2678-p.jpg

Do they do one with Ireland included? I'd be tempted to buy it.

Some of those they include in the North are well dodgy.

CS Lewis described himself as Irish. Whatever about Lewis and his somewhat Anglophilic tendencies though, including Seamus "No glass of ours was ever raised to toast the Queen / My passport is green" Heaney, and Flann O'Brien? Flann worked for the Irish government and wrote an entire novel in Irish ffs. You might as well have Gerry Adams or Michael Collins listed as British politicians.

I tried to find dickens then. On that picture. As in, squinting at the tiny version of it on my phone.

I honestly looked, squinting, for about 2 minutes, before realising I'm sat about 3 feet from a 3 foot poster of the flipping thing!

• Like 1

Reminds me of this which I have on my wall at home

literary-map-2678-p.jpg

Do they do one with Ireland included? I'd be tempted to buy it.

Some of those they include in the North are well dodgy.

CS Lewis described himself as Irish. Whatever about Lewis and his somewhat Anglophilic tendencies though, including Seamus "No glass of ours was ever raised to toast the Queen / My passport is green" Heaney, and Flann O'Brien? Flann worked for the Irish government and wrote an entire novel in Irish ffs. You might as well have Gerry Adams or Michael Collins listed as British politicians.

you're probably reading (lol) too much into it.

Nothing to do with gun laws, I'm sure.

Some guy tried to keep a record of all the gun related deaths in the USA since Sandy Hook.  He retired it after a year (in December 2013) with the tally standing at at least 12042, but because so many suicides go unreported the recorded tally is probably significantly lower than the real amount.  He claims that roughly 60% of the gun deaths were suicide.  (link)

Â