The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm not stressed about it. It won't affect my life. 

But I just dislike people spinning it as a positive. It just isn't. 

You can see how people can come to that conclusion though. If you mainly enjoy watching some of the world's best players come to Villa Park, it's best to stay up, but if you mainly enjoy watching Villa win, it might be better to go down. Over the last 5 years, we've averaged less than a point a game at home. Going to Villa Park is a **** chore, and I say that as someone who still does it willingly from time to time. I'm not going to blame anybody who'd rather watch us beat Huddersfield than lose to Stoke/Swansea/Newcastle.

Fixed.

• Like 1

For those who want Moyes, Sociedad are not doing a lot better than we are this season.

48 points in 38 gAmes since he's been there. I'd sell my mother for a tally like that at Villa at this point. 

I find that interesting.

Youare dead set against Sherwood, and positive about MMoyes.

Yet going on points from games since appointed, had Sherwood won just 2 more games, and Moyes lost 2 more ( both perfectly statistically likely) their points tallies would be identical.

And Moyes hasn't dealt with either a massive overhaul or a side which had already been bouncing along the bottom.

thats a 12 points difference. 

What a bizarre point

If you think it is "bizarre" to even imagine we could have won two more games since February and that Moyes could have lost two, I think it is your lack of imagination which is bizarre.Look, I know it is the internet, and simple objective facts don't count for much, especially when the mob mentality takes hold, but yes, it is 12 points, which could be called 'a lot', but it is also what I said, which illustrates things differently.

You are free to ignore it, but I don't see how you fail to see what it is.

If we'd scored 12 more points last season, we'd have finished 10th ahead of Palace (at least, depending on who we took them from). If we'd scored 12 more points this season, we'd be ahead of Leicester in 5th, assuming we got some of those points against them. 12 points is a massive difference. 

WWow this is hard work !

Where do you get us needing 12 more points from ?

The TOTAL gap between the two guys is 12 points.

So if one wins 2 more, and the other loses two more, they'd be level.

Easy !

And as for the guy who started ranting that I was " taking points off Moyes" and " giving Sherwood points" try reading it again.

I didn't adopt Vposition for or against anyone, that is your own blinkers talking.

What I said, which will remain true regardless of how much you hate it, is simply that the OP talked of points tally of Moyes as being something he would be very grateful for, whilst wanting rid of Sherwood, yet had just 2 results been different for each manager that tally could be the same.

Why you have to talk about reality etc is beyond me. I am fully aware of the reality. I am simply pointing out some things are not as black and white as you think.

Anyway, it would be a total waste of time to continue, you have your agenda.

For any people who enjoy thinking a little wider it may prove an interesting observation. I certainly found it interesting, which is why I posted it. 

Edited by terrytini

I would be surprised if moyes comes here tbh. He can get a much safer job in a year or two in the prem. His stock would still be pretty high in the prem. Seems suicide to take this job with how likely/close we are to looking like were getting relegated

2 more articles with one saying Rodgers is not interested.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-fancies-aston-managers-6654513

David Moyes would return to the Premier League if he was offered the chance to manage Aston Villa, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People .

Former Manchester United and Everton chief Moyes is currently in La Liga managing Real Sociedad – but he made no secret of his desire to return to English football when the time is right.

And after turning down overtures from Sunderland last summer it is believed he would jump at the chance to take charge at Villa – if the Midlands club decide to ditch Tim Sherwood.

As Sunday People Sport exclusively revealed last week Sherwood is under pressure after a poor start to the season and American owner Randy Lerner is running out of patience.

If he does decide to axe Sherwood, Moyes has told close friends Villa is a job that would immediately tempt him from Spain. 

Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers has no interest in the Villa job despite being on Lerner’s hitlist.

The 42-year-old, sacked by Liverpool a fortnight ago, has told pals he will take the rest of the season off to consider his options.

I would take being relegated if it resulted in a new manager and owner for the start of next season.  I just want something I can fully get behind and anything that seemed like it would be something (lambert and Sherwood) proved to be a false hope early doors. I'm just fed up of cheering on surviving under a Randy Lerner owned football club. 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/470702/Exclusive-Ex-Man-Utd-Everton-manager-David-Moyes-wants-Aston-Villa-job

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is the latest top-flight boss under pressure, with Moyes and former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers being linked with his job.

And Starsport understands that Moyes, 52, would find it hard to turn down an approach from Villa.

The former Everton and Manchester United boss is in his second season in Spain with Real Sociedad

The Scot has been reluctant to leave, believing it would send out the wrong message about British coaches being unwilling to stick it out when given an opportunity abroad.

So far, Moyes has dismissed opportunities at West Ham, Newcastle and Sunderland.

But Villa would be a different proposition in Moyes’ eyes.

Meanwhile, his former assistant at Everton and United - Steve Round - is a candidate to become Sam Allardyce’s No. 2 at Sunderland.

Round, 44, worked under Big Sam at Newcastle.

Show me a better loss, and I'll show you a loss. The only sign of progress under sherwood will be when a team plays against villa and doesn't leave the stadium with all three points. It's not as if if guzan hadn't messed up, or that deflection went for a corner it would have finished 0-0. And Chelsea were a lowly placed side. We lost to a team whose form is so poor they sat in 15th, and we call it an improvement. Sherwood is really dreadful. Every other manager just turns him over and tickles his belly until three points fall out his arse

For those who want Moyes, Sociedad are not doing a lot better than we are this season.

48 points in 38 gAmes since he's been there. I'd sell my mother for a tally like that at Villa at this point. 

I find that interesting.

Yet going on points from games since appointed, had Sherwood won just 2 more games, and Moyes lost 2 more ( both perfectly statistically likely) their points tallies would be identical.

And Moyes hasn't dealt with either a massive overhaul or a side which had already been bouncing along the bottom.

What a bizarre point

If you think it is "bizarre" to even imagine we could have won two more games since February and that Moyes could have lost two, I think it is your lack of imagination which is bizarre.Look, I know it is the internet, and simple objective facts don't count for much, especially when the mob mentality takes hold, but yes, it is 12 points, which could be called 'a lot', but it is also what I said, which illustrates things differently.

12 points is a massive difference. 

If sherwood had won 2 more games and moyes lost two then they would have the same records. But how is that any more likely than if Moyes had won 2 more and Sherwood had lost two more?

Surely that's got the same chance? Then the difference is 24 points. 

You'plucked a hypothetical from nowhere and used it as a defence of Sherwood. Yes if he and Moyes had the same record they'd have the same record. But that's where your point ends. 

They don't. Moyes has 12 more points. That's 4 more wins. That is a huge gap. 12 more points last season and I think we'd have finished in the top half. 

Spot on.

Ill try once more.

I am not defending anyone. Reread the post. It is merely an observation.

I am well aware you could easily aaddand detract two wins the other way around and the gap would be double. Well done.

That is just as relevant, but a diferent point. If I'd wanted to make the point that Moyes COULD be a lot better I might have said it.

My point was,and is, quite simply that the points tally gained by Moyes, who didnt have the task Sherwood had, could easily be the same as Sherwoods, yet one was very wanted, the other pilloried.

I don't need you to educate me in maths.

Just because you prefer a different point doesn't mean my observation is rubbish.

What is it with some of you that you are so desperate nobody airs an idea or view that in some way is different from your own.

I find that interesting.

What a bizarre point

12 points is a massive difference. 

If sherwood had won 2 more games and moyes lost two then they would have the same records. But how is that any more likely than if Moyes had won 2 more and Sherwood had lost two more?

Surely that's got the same chance? Then the difference is 24 points. 

You'plucked a hypothetical from nowhere and used it as a defence of Sherwood. Yes if he and Moyes had the same record they'd have the same record. But that's where your point ends. 

They don't. Moyes has 12 more points. That's 4 more wins. That is a huge gap. 12 more points last season and I think we'd have finished in the top half. 

Spot on.

Ill try once more.

I am not defending anyone. Reread the post. It is merely an observation.

I am well aware you could easily aaddand detract two wins the other way around and the gap would be double. Well done.

That is just as relevant, but a diferent point. If I'd wanted to make the point that Moyes COULD be a lot better I might have said it.

My point was,and is, quite simply that the points tally gained by Moyes, who didnt have the task Sherwood had, could easily be the same as Sherwoods, yet one was very wanted, the other pilloried.

I don't need you to educate me in maths.

Just because you prefer a different point doesn't mean my observation is rubbish.

What is it with some of you that you are so desperate nobody airs an idea or view that in some way is different from your own.

I don't think anybody is desperate for everyones opinion to be the same. Its an internet forum designed for the specific reason of debating differing points of view.

That's all that happened.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Just posted this in the 'other football' section.

So, Norwich on 9pts and Newcastle on 3 playing each other now. If Newcastle win that keeps Norwich within touching distance whilst putting more pressure on Sherwood, but obviously puts Newcastle ahead of us by 2 points.

A Norwich win sees another potential relegation candidate 8 points ahead of us with a minimum +6 better GD. It could also force Newcastle to act quicker than us in the managerial transfer market, potentially going after Moyes.

How depressing.

The fact is, I think Fox and co need to be wary of other clubs pulling the trigger on their own managers ahead of us. Unlike when Sherwood was appointed, there is actually a decent pool of potentially gettable managers out there at the moment.  Obviously a fair few will turn us down because of the mess we're in, so we can ill afford a similar club like Newcastle taking up a viable candidate.

Sunderland have already taken Big Sam after all.

I find that interesting.

What a bizarre point

If we'd scored 12 more points last season, we'd have finished 10th ahead of Palace (at least, depending on who we took them from). If we'd scored 12 more points this season, we'd be ahead of Leicester in 5th, assuming we got some of those points against them. 12 points is a massive difference. 

WWow this is hard work !

Where do you get us needing 12 more points from ?

The TOTAL gap between the two guys is 12 points.

So if one wins 2 more, and the other loses two more, they'd be level.

Easy !

And as for the guy who started ranting that I was " taking points off Moyes" and " giving Sherwood points" try reading it again.

I didn't adopt Vposition for or against anyone, that is your own blinkers talking.

What I said, which will remain true regardless of how much you hate it, is simply that the OP talked of points tally of Moyes as being something he would be very grateful for, whilst wanting rid of Sherwood, yet had just 2 results been different for each manager that tally could be the same.

Why you have to talk about reality etc is beyond me. I am fully aware of the reality. I am simply pointing out some things are not as black and white as you think.

Anyway, it would be a total waste of time to continue, you have your agenda.

For any people who enjoy thinking a little wider it may prove an interesting observation. I certainly found it interesting, which is why I posted it. 

Lol

Not sure why people think we will win loads of games in the division below, we won't . There are a few teams in that league who have beaten us recently and that's when we've had better players . It would be very competitive and I can see us down for a few years

• Like 2

Â