The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood's either good enough or he's not. Regardless of what Lambert did.

The point was he hasn't has enough time this season to be fairly judged

Unfortunately for Sherwood, fairness might not come into it, As I've said we've got to do what's fair for the club.

Nice to see people giving him a chance. Although not surprising as a lot of people had no intention of giving him a chance anyway. 

What will be will be I guess. Going to be an interesting few weeks/months. 

We were in a lot worse position when he turned us around last year so to say he can't is silly. This is his first time under pressure and a lot of managers don't actually survive that. We aren't playing that bad and have deserved more graham we have got. For me we've played badly in 110 min this season and really have only let ourselves down points wise against Albion and Sunderland. 

I'm afraid to say I agree Stefan.  He did a great job in keeping us up last season, so thanks Tim, but bloody hell, surely one manager who isn't a complete disaster in 5 years isn't too much to ask?  He's far more likeable than Lambert, but unfortunately, as seemingly bent on breaking lots of "worst ever" records.  Disappointing.

• Like 4

I have zero faith in a manager who says we are in a relegation battle after 7 games, after making a big deal of saying he wanted 'losers' out of the club.

One who also said we would never be in this position again i agree talk is cheap 

• Like 1

I have zero faith in a manager who says we are in a relegation battle after 7 games, after making a big deal of saying he wanted 'losers' out of the club.

One who also said we would never be in this position again i agree talk is cheap 

Come on. He said we wouldn't be in another relegation battle when he was cock a hoop in an interview after we had just battered Sunderland days after beating West Brom. Maybe reality has set in since. The reality that he lost arguably the four best players he inherited in a team that finished 17th and has had to oversee a huge rebuilding job spending little more than he received for the players he sold all at the same time as reducing the wage bill.

For what it is worth, and given I was cock a hoop when we secured Lambert my opinion my be worth f*ck all, then I think Sherwood is down playing his hand a little, perhaps to protect the players whilst they settle in, perhaps to protect himself. I actually think he has assembled a good squad of players with a nice mix of experience and some cracking potential and once they settle and gel and the manager has has had a fair chance to decide on his best team and the formation that gets the best out of them then I don't see us being in any danger of going down come the arse end of the season. Lets hope he is wrong and I am right :D

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

West Brom and Blues first half was as bad as anything under Lambert.

I have a horrible feeling if we continue playing as we are at the moment that at some future news conference or interview Sherwood will pull of a mask, like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible, and reveal that he is really Paul Lambert.

Not a chance Sherwood will get sacked soon. 

I wouldn't be so sure. Fox will decide and I get the impression he'll be rather ruthless if need be. Unlike his predecessor, I don't imagine Sherwood has Lerner's protection to grant him extended immunity either. 

We could end up being five points adrift from safety after the weekend, if that happens then I think it would be fair on the club to want to get rid of Sherwood. Having a new squad is reason enough in itself to bring someone in who knows what he's doing, before a losing mentality sets with the new players.

Â