The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

we should be able to play a two man midfield but when we have players like Gil, Sinclair and Grealish who are sometimes good going forward, but don't offer anything in the way of tracking back and closing down, against teams who pack the midfield we will continue to get turned over.

Thing is with Allardyce we'd all want him out within a year and a half anyway.  I'm very worried but it was always going to take a few months to gel with the new players.

Till we get rid of the disease called Lerner, the best we can hope for is a manager who can get the best out of players without the need for constant transitional seasons.

• Like 1

I want the guy to do well but 1 point from Sunderland(H), Leicester(A), and West Brom(H) is abysmal, what happened to "this wont happen again, not while I'm here", because from what I can see there's a very good chance of it happening again.

I'd probably get Allardyce in and keep him until Lerner **** off. We cannot afford to make the same mistake that we did with Lambert because this time we might not be lucky enough to survive.

Edited by Arj Guy

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Tim Sherwood needs a hard nosed presence in the middle of the park.....Its all very well saying coach it in to them....but its intrinsic, you don't want dirty players but hard players, winners.

Andy Gray was only 19 but he had a steely interior, always a will to win and would put his head in where some wouldn't put there foot.... I hear folk say about some 19 year olds, they are only young and learning.....doesn't stop passion or busting a gut to get a goal, causing a nuisance, being a pest, illustrating the desire/hunger to win.....before we know where we are they are doing the same at 23.

Andy did leave  under a cloud....but that is not my point, my point is ......we need some players who are willing to scap for points.....Improvisation and showboating is all part of the entertainment and as great as it is.... we need to get back to basics and start showing some grit... fast.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Zero point in discussing managers. Tim won't get sacked unless we are in a relegation spot come January, and even then I am not sure he'd get the sack.

We've look better under Sherwood, but we are getting even less points than we were under Lambert. This is our worst start to a season since we got relegated. 

The ability of our players is fine, I'm worried about their ability to 'play' the game though - being streetwise and knowing how to fight for a result. Surely Sherwood and Wilkins are experts in that, the mission is to get that through to the players on the pitch. We need one of the centre mids to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, it all felt a bit like everyone was waiting for someone to step up so they can follow suit. 

I don't mind following Sherwood right down to the Championship if that's what's needed for everyone to gel and to learn, but I fear Randy would boot him -- and then we'll still go down. But but but ... I really don't think we'll go down with Tim. Still think we'll be fine.

• Like 2

I don't mind following Sherwood right down to the Championship if that's what's needed for everyone to gel and to learn, but I fear Randy would boot him -- and then we'll still go down. But but but ... I really don't think we'll go down with Tim. Still think we'll be fine.

If we go down the players we have won't be here to gel, we'll get pillaged. 

• Like 2

I think we'll keep some but not all obviously. I think a lot would depend on us coming straight back up.

I think we'll keep some but not all obviously. I think a lot would depend on us coming straight back up.

Some, but probably not the ones we'd want to build around.

Maybe we should get Mark Hughes or Steve McLaren? Oh wait...

Rubbish today and hugely frustrating, but not going to piss my pants unless we're in this situation nearer January. We should have more points than we have, as we deserved more from Palace, Sunderland and Leicester.

Today was just shit however.

• Like 1

Not impressed

Tactics cost us again today yet more points dropped with difficult fixtures ahead

If we carry on this way with gabby leading the line there is no doubt in my mind we will be playing championship football next season

We have just picked up where we left off at the back end of last season useless

Today was worse than the Hull away game under Lambert for me we were at home for a start and did we even have a shot on goal? 

Shocking it looks like business resumed with Villa in the Lerner era just got to hope every season that there are 3 other teams worse than us judged by the way we have played this season i struggle to think how

Edited by AshVilla

You have to question a manager who sets us up so lightly in midfield against physical teams. You have to question a manager whose subs make zero sense. You have to question a manager who doesn't trust his own signings to start up front. You have to question a manager who seemed to play Richards up front for last ten minutes today!

Lots of questions. But I don't think Sherwood has the answers.

• Like 1

You would only have to see and analyse how West Ham have succeeded today at the Etihad.....To know what is wrong with us.

working their socks of and GRINDING  out the result.

until we can do that....keep your tin hats on.#

ps Get John Fashanu in as coach:wub:

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â