The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I don't doubt he'd be popular among the media or the fans but the media and the fans don't pick the manager.  Just like Harry Redknapp would have been loved by the media (if not all fans) and he was avoided by the FA for the far safer Woy.  They haven't changed in years.  They avoided Clough for the same reason.  Mentalists.

To an extent I think the media and the fans help to pick the manager. The pressure for an English manager after Capello seemed to largely stem from them, for example.

I agree Mantis I think the media and fans do have a impact on who the FA go for. Candleface was really disliked, I dont think Sherwood is from the same mould thankfully

When was the last time the National side had a youngish englishman? dont think I have seen one in my time

McLaren was 45 when he got the job. Sherwood is 46

I don't doubt he'd be popular among the media or the fans but the media and the fans don't pick the manager. Just like Harry Redknapp would have been loved by the media (if not all fans) and he was avoided by the FA for the far safer Woy. They haven't changed in years. They avoided Clough for the same reason. Mentalists.

To an extent I think the media and the fans help to pick the manager. The pressure for an English manager after Capello seemed to largely stem from them, for example.

I agree Mantis I think the media and fans do have a impact on who the FA go for. Candleface was really disliked, I dont think Sherwood is from the same mould thankfully

When was the last time the National side had a youngish englishman? dont think I have seen one in my time

McLaren was 45 when he got the job. Sherwood is 46

Wow is sherwood that old? Looks very good for his age

He's older than Lambert by a few months...

Sherwood has the vitality of someone half his age though

Lambert was a mumbling defeatest loser that had the demeanor of someone spending their final days at a retirement home

• Like 1

Cheeky!

46 is not "that old" fyi.

My numbers are the other way round and I'm not "that old" either.

Yes you are.

What actually happened when during the plague, and how did you survive it?

• Like 3

Cheeky!

46 is not "that old" fyi.

My numbers are the other way round and I'm not "that old" either.

Yes you are.

What actually happened when during the plague, and how did you survive it?

He was drinking the blood of virgins but there weren't many left so he went on a facial spree (didn't care who) and looks good for a 250 year old - I should know I'm 350 going on 57! :-)

Hate to step back on topic here, but anyone have a list of players in their last year of contract?

Think it's pretty telling already this season who Tim rates given the long contracts dished out to bacons, Clarke and Westwood. Just wondering if there's anymore that are likely to get renewed in the next few weeks?

EDIT that should obviously be Bacuna.... Not bacon. Although not sure which I prefer tbh

Edited by Duck

off hand think Bennett, Cole, Richardson and Senderos out of contract next summer and Zog too

no messing in fairness regarding contracts from Sherwood and Fox now. No more Milner situations

First Team:

Bennett

Cole

Nzogbia

Senderos

Gardner

Richardson (option of further year)

Youth Team:

Seigrist (option of further year)

Donacien

Calder

Sellars

Mason

Cowans

Leggett

Watkins

Kinsella

Webb

I'd be amazed if any of those first-teamers were kept on. Don't know enough about the kids. 

Â