The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Any article analyzing Villa in the ManU game that doesn't have the phrase "Of course lets remember Villa were playing a team that cost hundreds of millions more than them" or similar within it is pretty much meaningless. You can't write a tactical analysis of that game without pointing out the fact that the premier league is not a level playing field. They have vastly more expensive players. Arguing about how Sherwood should or shouldn't have handled that massive gulf is all well and good but the imbalance in the league should be front and center for any self respecting analyst.

Of course you can. Its almost as if its super common sense and really doesnt need "x spent more" every. single. article. Its the last thing i want to see written in an analyst post. Its something that i already know and dont need repeating. I would be reading them articles to learn, not to be told something i already know. Otherwise whats the point of it?

Quoted for agreement. The writer of the article didn't say 'the only reason Villa lost was because they picked two attackers who were too similar'. He simply commented that that was one of the reasons we looked toothless. It's possible for a team to play well, and to attempt logical tactics, without that team winning the game or bettering a team with far more money. 

Finished my first season as Tim Sherwood on PES, I am thrilled to report that it was a resounding success. Languishing in upper-midtable for most of the season, we put together an incredible run in the end to finish 2nd (tied on points with Everton and Utd in 3rd and 4th), but what really pushed us was our goal-scoring prowess. Sherwood managed to get the most out of Gabby who fired us to 2nd place with a Premier League record of 60 goals (62 in all comps, eliminated in the first round of the FA Cup by **** Rotherham), exactly double that of his nearest rival Aguero! Jack Grealish chipped in with a respectable if unspectacular 18 goals and 23 assists. Carles Gil had about 17 assists himself and Ashley Westwood proved why he's nothing more than a squad player with a dull and un-incisive 10 goals and 10 assists. Highlights of the season include Jordan Ayew coming off the bench in the 88th minute to score 2 goals in a crucial 3-2 win over Liverpool to push us into the top 4 and demolishing Arsenal 6-2 after Sanchez (Carlos that is!) got himself sent off.

What I'm trying to say is don't sweat it guys, Timmy's got this.

• Like 1

I dont know why but I have a feelingwe will be ok this year, even last season under lambert after first few games I still felt we still struggle.

I think considering its a completely new team we have done every well. We although didnt create much, gave United a game. Next couple of game shsould give us an idea of where we will be

Finished my first season as Tim Sherwood on PES, I am thrilled to report that it was a resounding success. Languishing in upper-midtable for most of the season, we put together an incredible run in the end to finish 2nd (tied on points with Everton and Utd in 3rd and 4th), but what really pushed us was our goal-scoring prowess. Sherwood managed to get the most out of Gabby who fired us to 2nd place with a Premier League record of 60 goals (62 in all comps, eliminated in the first round of the FA Cup by **** Rotherham), exactly double that of his nearest rival Aguero! Jack Grealish chipped in with a respectable if unspectacular 18 goals and 23 assists. Carles Gil had about 17 assists himself and Ashley Westwood proved why he's nothing more than a squad player with a dull and un-incisive 10 goals and 10 assists. Highlights of the season include Jordan Ayew coming off the bench in the 88th minute to score 2 goals in a crucial 3-2 win over Liverpool to push us into the top 4 and demolishing Arsenal 6-2 after Sanchez (Carlos that is!) got himself sent off.

What I'm trying to say is don't sweat it guys, Timmy's got this.

Languishing in upper-midtable??

That would be a joy for us this season after what we've been through.  ;)

That's the Tim Sherwood confidence showing through right there though that he would describe that position in such a way.

Congrats on your performance Timmy.  :)

Edited by sexbelowsound

Anyone think sherwood will eventually end up as a potential England manager? Definitely has the charisma for it but just needs more experience

If he does well here then I wouldn't be surprised to see him be in the frame for the job at some point, simply because there is a lack of succesful English managers in the game. The important thing is he will need to do well here first, and it is still early days on that front as he hasn't proven anything just yet. The early signs are positive for him though, but the test of a good manager is to build something successful and then repeat success.

He's too outspoken.  The FA need a conformist who'll toe the line.  Unless he changes his entire persona then I can't see him ever being a candidate.

• Like 3

He's too outspoken.  The FA need a conformist who'll toe the line.  Unless he changes his entire persona then I can't see him ever being a candidate.

Happy to agree, he is too outspoken for that job.

We have already lost a good manager to that job....so if we have one with such a meaningless flaw.....bully for us.

Happy to agree, he is too outspoken for that job.

We have already lost a good manager to that job....so if we have one with such a meaningless flaw.....bully for us.

Agree, see Clough, Atkinson, Redknapp, Venables, oh no hang on......... ;)

Anyone think sherwood will eventually end up as a potential England manager? Definitely has the charisma for it but just needs more experience

Not sure charisma is wanted by the FA.........

Nah but a few stuffed brown paper bags would do the trick! (allegedly)

Is he though? I think he is quite arrogant but i think would be popular among the media if he does well here

Like an above poster said there isnt many successful English managers these days and we all know how badly it went under Capello and Sven

I don't doubt he'd be popular among the media or the fans but the media and the fans don't pick the manager.  Just like Harry Redknapp would have been loved by the media (if not all fans) and he was avoided by the FA for the far safer Woy.  They haven't changed in years.  They avoided Clough for the same reason.  Mentalists.

Is the England job still that appealing?

I'm sure the prestige of the job is still there and plenty of managers would love the opportunity. But at the same time I can't help but feel Sherwood (and probably a few other managers) would miss the regular work at club level.

I can picture Sherwood getting restless at only being in charge for a few games every other month.

What has he said or done that's arrogant or out spoken? Sherwood is a confident bloke which can be mistook for arrogance but I don't see it. He speaks very well about how you become a good player and having winning habits that's about it.

• Like 1

Absolutely Lexicon, but I think that kind of goes without saying. My point was that short of becoming an unbelievable manager, he's the kind of personality they historically tend to avoid.

Â