The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

So potentially, we loose loose 2 internationals Cleverley and Vlaar with no incoming money to replace those players. Given the nominal funds Lerner makes available its going to be challenging to replace those two, even if we had an experienced manager at the helm, for someone making his first ever moves in the transfer market its a daunting task.

Think the writing is on the wall here.

Such doom and gloom everywhere - in this thread and the takeover and Randy Lerner threads.   I am not the most optimistic of people but hey, come on.  We are still in the Premier League after all. OK Tim is a manager who is learning but I believe that he can be the one to take us forward.  We will get some beatings but we will get some exciting games and great wins too - much rather that than the boring days we have had for the last three seasons.   I think unless an absolute disaster besets us, we should stick with Tim and give him a chance to learn his trade and become great with us.  He seems to have certainly taken us all to heart.  He has lots of passion.  It may be a rollercoaster but let's stop bad mouthing him, believing what we read from other sources, making out we are all master tacticians etc  and give him a chance.   C'mon Timmy, you can do it and just CHEER UP everyone .

Edited by Hev
  • Like 2

Let's at least wait and see how he goes in the market before judging his first summer here as a failure.

If Lerner doesn't give him some clout in the market then it's going to be a difficult job but let's give him the chance to see if he can do what he thinks he can do. In the case of poor backing from Lerner then blame for a bad season next season is not on Sherwood's shoulders IMO.

• Like 1

My problem with Sherwood is it was like a switch was flicked from the last 3 games and the 3 games prior. I don't understand how you can go from being so hungry and everyone closing down bombing forward to that performance at Wembley, we didn't even try to cause problems. It was almost like we were genuinely happy to be there. I don't know maybe the players were mentally exhausted after the season and once they had safety in the bag just took their feet off the pedal but my god nothing makes sense to me at the moment. Apparently it gets darkest before the dawn so I hope we aren't waiting too long.

Tiredness, Mental fatigue, Getting smashed 6-1 and having a seriously fragile level of confidence and self belief.

Yep, especially the mental fatigue bit.

I don't care who you are, or what you get paid, if you have worked under that much pressure over a period of time, when it's lifted, you realise just how hard you've been going at it and the crash is inevitable.

• Like 2

Why is it we only believe the negative rumours? From the few positive rumours that are coming out it seems Sherwood is trying to fill the positions we know that are problems. 3 links to Trippier Robertson and Cabaye are good players that'd improve us if we don't get them I'm sure they'll be others but if we only signed them to our current squad I'd be happy but Until we know for sure what's happening with the likes of Cleverley Vlaar and especially Benteke we won't know how much or what our are most important places to fill are. There's international weeks coming up and I'd expect a flurry of activity after those then a lull whilst players go on holiday before preseason so if you're getting desperate now you're in for a long summer.

Tiredness, Mental fatigue, Getting smashed 6-1 and having a seriously fragile level of confidence and self belief.

I don't buy the tiredness excuse, they've basically played about 12 games all season, and about 5 at a high level of performance, you want to talk about tiredness watch that Hull game how I stayed up and watched all 90mins is beyond me. As I said in the match thread watching the warm up and everyone taking shots on Guzan completely skying them, perhaps Sherwood was right to call them a bunch of losers. If you can't get yourself fired up for a cup final not much else needs to be said.

Said I was concerned about the future of the club.

Arguably the most important rebuilding job to be done on the playing side in a generation. With a manager who has not yet bought one player in his short career and who has dubious tactical ability.  Good luck to us all, and to the manager especially

Yup, the amount of work to be done is huge. With key players wanting to leave, and a lot of filler not being good enough, we're going to need a huge turnaround of players.

I don't buy the tiredness excuse, they've basically played about 12 games all season, and about 5 at a high level of performance, you want to talk about tiredness watch that Hull game how I stayed up and watched all 90mins is beyond me. As I said in the match thread watching the warm up and everyone taking shots on Guzan completely skying them, perhaps Sherwood was right to call them a bunch of losers. If you can't get yourself fired up for a cup final not much else needs to be said.

It's not an excuse. It's just a logical explanation for the sudden downturn in performance levels.

• Like 1

Well I don't buy it as an explanation then, Sherwood came in and said the players weren't half fit enough, Keane said you'd have to pat them on the back for tying their laces. I just feel like that is the mentality of the team right now, and I'd love a huge clear out now.

Well I don't buy it as an explanation then, Sherwood came in and said the players weren't half fit enough, Keane said you'd have to pat them on the back for tying their laces. I just feel like that is the mentality of the team right now, and I'd love a huge clear out now.

I agree with that.

Â