The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I wasn't impressed by the first half. Lobbing high balls into Gabby.

But the second was fantastic. Using our pace exposing their slow defenders and trying to go through the middle, suited us a lot more.

I think Sherwood is good at utilizing the players strengths.

A good start.

Get chiselling that statue...

Only joking but he's had a very good week, no question.

I'm enjoying watching us play again which is enough.

Let's see what the rest of the season brings but with this momentum we should be o.k league wise now. In the Cup who knows?

I'm looking forward to next season. What sort of targets and transfer policy Sherwood conducts and how we play when we start on 0 points with 38 games to play rather than the 22 with 12 games to play which changes the dynamics a fair bit.

As it stands we have a decent squad and Sherwood is extracting that extra percentage out of them in his own way.

Would imagine the season tickets sales will pick up a bit in the summer so there should be a feelgood factor back at VP for the start of next season.

What I liked about Sherwood today was that in the first half when Villa weren't playing the way he'd told them to he was clearly unhappy. What's more instead of just telling them at half time that they "did good" like some other managers have, he told them to fix it and likely how to fix it. His tactical knowledge is pretty damn good and it's keeping the side unpredictable which will get us a lot of points from games going forward. 

I would like to be inside the minds of Gabby and N'Zogbia.

They have been transformed by the manager change. Some people will say that they're being used differently, but I don't see it - certainly not in Zog's case, anyway.

There can be little doubt that bringing in Sherwood was the right thing to do, I'm just trying to figure out whether the improvement is down to morale, tactics, or just new manager boost. I suspect it's mostly morale and nmb, but no doubt many will disagree as long as we're winning games.

4 goals

3 points

2 strikers back on the score sheet

A trip to Wembley

All our rivals losing

If Carlsberg did weeks........

Delph said Sherwood wasn't happy at half time and told them so, told them to press higher, stop crossing the ball in and focus on getting the ball into midfield to get some shots off (which is what Delph did, and scored).

Impressed with this bloke.

• Like 4

his honesty is what I like the most, I imagine at half time he tore into the team and credit to the players they took it on board and didnt sulk. Sometimes tough talk is needed

• Like 1

Seeing how motivated and explosive the players are now just shows what an absolutely appalling manager Paul Lambert is.

Makes me wonder what on the earth Paul Lambert were even doing on the training pitch the last months of his reign, didn't even have a assistant manager at the end.. Sherwood is a breath of fresh air and seem to know what he is doing.

Edited by villalad21

I wonder with nzog if he just could n't get past the way Lambert froze him out - and I don't mean he didn't try, but if you don't like or respect your boss you don't listen to them- which means you'll keep making the same mistakes. Someone new, who you respect, is more likely to get results because you'll actually take on board what they say.

• Like 1

Â