The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think the leak was probably Sherwood.

There were leaks all over the place when he was at Spurs. His first game in charge here and there's a leak. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Both Westwood and Cleverley have been dropped before and there's been nothing said.

We'll have to get used to this with Tim as manager I think.

I read something like this and I wonder whether we are already perpetuating a potential rift between the manager and the fan base that is not necessary. Sherwood, like Lambert before him, will sink or swim on his own merit. We don't need to start nudging him already.

You're entitled to your opinion obviously, I'm just concerned as I said about what it might lead to. Mistrust is not a good place to begin.

I'm not really sure of your point.

It's a fact that there were a number of leaks reported at Spurs both before and during Sherwood's stint as manager that have been attributed to him.

He becomes our manager and almost immediately there's a similar incident.

That's all I've said, and that judging by that I imagine it was probably Sherwood himself.

Look I'm behind the manager. I've warmed to him since he's been appointed and I'm hopeful that he can turn us around and get us over the line to stay up. I'll back him 100% until he gives me a reason not to.

But backing the manager doesn't mean he's immune from anything resembling negativity.

I don't even know if this is negative. If it is him then he's obviously done it for a reason. I'm sure that reason is known to him.

It's nothing to do with "perpetuating a [unnecessary] rift", whatever that means (I know what it means literally, I'm just not sure what you mean by it)

Why would the manager leak his team selection?

I think it was probably just a good guess. There was always going to be a big chance we'd play 442 as that's how he play with Tottenham. Delph and Sanchez were always going to be the two most likely to play in that scenario.

Edited by useless

cant we see the media are trying to stir trouble? they want to portray the club is in absolute crisis from top to bottom

ignore the story and it will go away

anyway i back sherwood not his fault vlaar was an imbecile for those final few minutes

i

There were leaks all over the place when he was at Spurs. His first game in charge here and there's a leak. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Both Westwood and Cleverley have been dropped before and there's been nothing said.

I read something like this and I wonder whether we are already perpetuating a potential rift between the manager and the fan base that is not necessary. Sherwood, like Lambert before him, will sink or swim on his own merit. We don't need to start nudging him already.

You're entitled to your opinion obviously, I'm just concerned as I said about what it might lead to. Mistrust is not a good place to begin.

It's a fact that there were a number of leaks reported at Spurs both before and during Sherwood's stint as manager that have been attributed to him.

That's all I've said, and that judging by that I imagine it was probably Sherwood himself.

Look I'm behind the manager. I've warmed to him since he's been appointed and I'm hopeful that he can turn us around and get us over the line to stay up. I'll back him 100% until he gives me a reason not to.

But backing the manager doesn't mean he's immune from anything resembling negativity.

I don't even know if this is negative. If it is him then he's obviously done it for a reason. I'm sure that reason is known to him.

It's nothing to do with "perpetuating a [unnecessary] rift", whatever that means (I know what it means literally, I'm just not sure what you mean by it)

Many people will see the manager being a bit leaky as a negative. A negative there is no real evidence for. There are still leaks at Spurs now, there were leaks at Villa before he got here. I think back to all of those negatives that were "perpetuated unnecessarily" under Lambert, the division it caused between the fans and I worry, that's all. I'm not saying it is what you are trying to do, only that to me this is a bit of a non story and should be treated as such. 

Perhaps my post was a general one rather than necessarily being aimed at you Ben. 

the kevin richardson gaffe is blush-worthy. small beans, but it looks bush league

Not really. It's utterly ridiculous to think that is even newsworthy. Do you really think Tim Sherwood does the typing? 

Dem is right. I think people are wrong to suggest that Sherwood is everybody's media darling. I bet there are a few that would love to see him and consequently us fall flat on our faces. 

I hope this has been noticed by the dressing room. 

Not really. It's utterly ridiculous to think that is even newsworthy.

That's why I said it's small beans. But seeing that he's under a microscope right now, a team sheet gaffe will make a few ripples in the water, even if he's not responsible. It's just a bit of salt in a long festering wound.

What was our record against Stoke when Pulis was manager....

Not pretty reading

Our record against Stoke under Hughes is pretty poor as well.

Just 1 win and 3 defeats, one of them 4-1 at home.

I hate playing Stoke - they've long been one of our bogey teams.

Not really. It's utterly ridiculous to think that is even newsworthy.

That's why I said it's small beans. But seeing that he's under a microscope right now, a team sheet gaffe will make a few ripples in the water, even if he's not responsible. It's just a bit of salt in a long festering wound.

It really, really isn't. At most it's a bit of fluff in the belly button.

This is what I was talking about, continual negative spin. I bet it happens every single week in the premier league. I happen to think it's kinda cute!

Besides that, it has absolutely nothing to do with the manager.

Many people will see the manager being a bit leaky as a negative. A negative there is no real evidence for. There are still leaks at Spurs now, there were leaks at Villa before he got here. I think back to all of those negatives that were "perpetuated unnecessarily" under Lambert, the division it caused between the fans and I worry, that's all. I'm not saying it is what you are trying to do, only that to me this is a bit of a non story and should be treated as such. 

Perhaps my post was a general one rather than necessarily being aimed at you Ben. 

I don't see it as a non-story at all to be honest.

The Richardson thing, absolutely agree. Nothing to see there.

But I don't agree there were leaks like that at Villa before Sherwood came. I can't remember any of the top of my head. So a manager, who has a history of these sorts of leaks, turning up and us immediately getting a "leak", is news.

I don't know whether it's negative or not. If he's doing it then he must have a reason so it could be a positive.

But I think it's worthy of discussion at least. It's interesting, especially as it's so different to how we usually operate as a club.

I still can't believe he went 4-4-2 against Stoke. 

Football isn't really that difficult. Sticking your 4 average midfielders against their 5 average midfielders will generally result in your midfield being overrun. 

The early signs of Sherwood don't look good, i'm not shouting "Sherwood Out" or anything, it was just a baffling decision. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with Sherwood's tactics, or penchant to leak to the press - Stoke should have been a point - and we've scored three goals in the last two games - after not scoring for god knows how long. I am desperate to see some points on the board but even the wife noticed we've had the ball in the net more often since Lambert left. 

I still can't believe he went 4-4-2 against Stoke. 

Football isn't really that difficult. Sticking your 4 average midfielders against their 5 average midfielders will generally result in your midfield being overrun. 

The early signs of Sherwood don't look good, i'm not shouting "Sherwood Out" or anything, it was just a baffling decision. 

I can understand it.

LIke I've said elsewhere, that was his thing at Spurs. "Back to basics", go 4-4-2 and motivate the players and it'll be fine.

It didn't work. I don't think it's baffling.

What would be baffling is if he persists with it and it still doesn't work.

I hope we'll be back to a midfield 3 as of the NEwcastle game

• Like 1

Â