The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

I was tempted to choose UKIP but I can't stand virtually all their policies so makes no sense voting for them. Labour again I guess!

Out of interest, what tempted you?

They weren't Labour :D

Weren't the loony Greens either ;)

His PA. I get sick of all these mps just hiding behind this political correctness. I find Farage quite refreshing even if he isn't that likeable. So its tempting as a protest vote but reality I have to ask myself which of their policies do I agree with! Maybe 1!

These politicians, not being racist, misogynistic or homophobic, its the PC brigade to blame for this, the PC brigade!!! Give me an honest to goodness bigot any day of the week.

gillian-duffy.jpg?w=480&h=270

• Like 4

they can always rely on the support of Bill Somebody :)

That was classic wasn’t it. I love how he tried to gloss over it by saying Bill former chief executive of EDS thinking he’d got away with it then fair play to Emily Maitlis for saying Bill who?

I think they are missing the up off Eds surname.

• Like 1

Apparently polls suggest that Labour have a 10 point lead in Sheffield Hallam... Nick Clegg's constituency. With the Tories closing in on him as well.

Could Nick end up 3rd in his own constituency? That would be pretty funny :D

• Like 1

Clogg has been a goner for years now, nice seat in the Lords after the election, job done. He's a politician

Unless Labour come to power and we have an elected House of Lords.

Elected or unelected, if party politics is involved I'd rather have hereditary peers tbh at least there was some degree of objectivity. And thats even with my revulsion for people being born into anything

Just watched the Greens video above. Wow she will get destroyed at TV debates. Some of those policies are absolutely awful. I think they are actually worse than UKIP. Not punishing those who believe in the methods of IS and other terrorist orgnisations? 

That policy as well about giving people money per week is also a very crap idea

If they have an election strategist they'll have a quiet word and have Caroline Lucas on one if the debates theyt Greens do as she seems a better public speaker from what I've seen.

Have to say I don't have a clue who I'll vote atm. Got caught up in the Lib Dem hysteria last time so they got my vote.

In fairness I agree with a lot of Labour rhetoric regarding cost of living like the living wages so they could yet get my vote. I don't think we'd get 5 years of Milliband either, he'd be toppled eventually.

Nat Bennett was on Radio 4 earlier today, on the little 5 minute slot they do mid afternoon where a reporter takes a party grandee out for lunch and an informal chat.

NB came over as a really nice normal grounded person and spoke openly about her background and it was all going genuinely well. They discussed the death of her mum and it was quite touching. Then, the interviewer referenced those 'odd' policies such as allowing membership of AQ etc..

After that car crash of an interview we've all seen on youtube, she was basically given the softest of apologetic questions as an opportunity for a second bite of the cherry. Her response was jumbled waffle about how it was possibly an old policy, nobody knew how old, it might be about the ANC and anyway, that sort of policy was dependant on the situation at any one time.

Being a soft puff interview she wasn't picked up on this truly awful answer. She didn't defend the policy or disown it, she said nobody knew where it had come from and it's validity would depend on the situation at the time. WHAT? Was she saying you are welcome to join AQ, but if a bus bomb goes off we might change our mind and come after you - because I think we only meant this to apply to Mr Mandela?

She needs a couple of intense days of interview training pretty bloody quickly. She will be destroyed in a debate should one of the other leaders prove to be slightly competent...

• Like 1