The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

I can not understand how anyone who is a working man/woman could even contemplate voting Tory.

Nearly half the UK population are now dependant on the state for either employment or benefits and Labour even moved middle-earners out of net tax contribution, which they were in 2001.

After going to so much trouble to make a Labour vote seem automatic based on self-interested, it is amazing that the Tories have a chance.

as long as people think they can get an edge by **** somebody else over, there will be a tory voter

I am not sure the desire to **** somebody over can be classified as a trait exclusively enjoyed by tories.

Surely voting in a party which guarantees to force others to underwrite your life-style choices, is ******* over the person who has to pay the taxes, or the future generations who have to pay the debt? 

• Like 3

right

anyone on here who votes tory needs keelhauling(love alestorm  :thumb:)..have you noticed weve been crap since cameron became pm.we need a change for the sake of avfc,sod ya tax bill pay up or were down!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got a point. England also won the football and rugby World cups under Labour governments.

• Like 1

right

anyone on here who votes tory needs keelhauling(love alestorm  :thumb:)..have you noticed weve been crap since cameron became pm.we need a change for the sake of avfc,sod ya tax bill pay up or were down!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got a point. England also won the football and rugby World cups under Labour governments.

Keep broadcasting that fact and Wales and Scotland will never vote Labour again

• Like 2

They mentioned on R4 earlier that Malcolm Rifkind works, by his calculation, 46 hours per week for other interests.

I guess, we as voters are responsible for voting these horrible greedy people in - and I'm not pointing at any one party here.

Austin Mitchell MP has suggested a paedo could be elected in his constituency as long as it was a Labour paedo. It's up to the people of Grimsby to react to that, I guess.

No MP should be able to work for anyone else apart from his constituency. Its standard in employment contracts for public sector staff and should be applied to them.

Whilst Rifkind saying he can't live on £67k a year is utter bollocks I do also agree that for the work they are required to do MPs are broadly on the same level as Head Teachers or GPs and should be paid accordingly, with the caveat they loose all rights to expenses beyond travel to and from Westminster and overnights at £100 a night.

They mentioned on R4 earlier that Malcolm Rifkind works, by his calculation, 46 hours per week for other interests.

I guess, we as voters are responsible for voting these horrible greedy people in - and I'm not pointing at any one party here.

Austin Mitchell MP has suggested a paedo could be elected in his constituency as long as it was a Labour paedo. It's up to the people of Grimsby to react to that, I guess.

even though you only mentioned the Tory crook and not the Labour crook :P

Telegraph has a nice table for Jack Straw and his outside earnings

dgrqrb.jpg

Edited by tonyh29

Overlooked at work so cant supply links and get the details, but apparently the leader of the greens has given another stinker of an interview.

is this the concessions to Putin one ?