The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

The sole solitatary and very lonely good idea UKIP have managed is to overhaul personal taxation, do away with NI and have one flat rate of tax. You earn x, you pay tax at y%. Not hard.

Is that still their policy? (Edit: I meant the combining of tax and NI as opposed to the flat rate)

If so, how do they square that with the importance they put on contributory social security payments?

Edited by snowychap

The sole solitatary and very lonely good idea UKIP have managed is to overhaul personal taxation, do away with NI and have one flat rate of tax. You earn x, you pay tax at y%. Not hard.

Is that still their policy?

If so, how do they square that with the importance they put on contributory social security payments?

What about the employer's contribution; do they mention anything about that?

Is that still their policy? (Edit: I meant the combining of tax and NI as opposed to the flat rate)

No idea... Couldn't care less. It just seems to me to make sense to collect one lot of tax once...rather than two lots once. Employer's contributions ate more tricky granted which is why no one on their right mind would let me near their accounts.

I turned it off after one and a half minutes. Their policies may or may not be practical, but listening to Andrew Neil butt in constantly is a torture I'm not prepared to deal with. 

I dare you to watch it all ;)

No idea... Couldn't care less. It just seems to me to make sense to collect one lot of tax once...rather than two lots once.

I agree with you that it seems to make sense to combine the two and just collect one tax (especially as the direction seems to be to align the two in terms of allowances/lower limits) but there is a problem when you come to contributory benefits especially for those who, at present, would be getting NI credits (i.e. they wouldn't actually be paying NI but would be credited as though they were for the sake of future contribution based benefits, especially the pension).

Those people receiving NI credits include people on sickness benefits, ESA, maternity/paternity pay, carers, parents, foster carers, people getting working tax credit amongst others.

p.s. I'm not expecting you to answer on their behalf. I've not got you down as a UKIP spokesbod. :)

Edited by snowychap

i will vote against any career politician who has no idea about the real world so that just leaves greens or Ukip.... 

Ukip have shaken up the established self serving parties well though, new labour and torrie policies have all got something they knicked from ukip cos they think thats just the reason why they lost bye elections... err no its not..

Alot are fed up with the way this country is run and it needs sweeping changes, not just a ahhh we will show them this but do this attitude.

I Vote to live under Common Law  fekk the way extra taxes etc are put on us through civil law with its illegal taxes that most just pay

bah rant over cos could go into too much detail has to why this Island is broke

Edited by walesavfc

I turned it off after one and a half minutes. Their policies may or may not be practical, but listening to Andrew Neil butt in constantly is a torture I'm not prepared to deal with.

I dare you to watch it all ;)

I'll watch it all if you can defend Labours stance on the TTIP. You want mad ideas, that one is mad, bad and dangerous.

I had always considered myself moderately well-informed before, but I have to admit I had forgotten what TTIP was, until your comment made me look it up. All I can say is, that essentially guarantees I'll vote for an alternative. Every single part of it sounds disgusting, and then once it's in place it's there forever. Great. 

• Like 1