The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

"Eating meat is bad for you "

Go back to Woodstock , Hippy :P

Where none of us have bowel cancer :)

I did say eating _lots_ of meat is bad for you, which is universally accepted. Red meat once or twice a week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/magazine/28nutritionism.t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Universally accepted .... Not in this house it ain't :)

The thing is when it comes to the human body there is no one size fits all , I don't eat fruit and barely touch veg .. I might die at 45 but equally I might go on and live to be 100... That's kinda the great mystery of the human body

I did say eating _lots_ of meat is bad for you, which is universally accepted. Red meat once or twice a week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/magazine/28nutritionism.t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The thing is when it comes to the human body there is no one size fits all , I don't eat fruit and barely touch veg .. I might die at 45 but equally I might go on and live to be 100... That's kinda the great mystery of the human body

Yeah, absolutely right. Some people can smoke all their lives and not get lung cancer too, but the chances are massively increased. But if you barely eat fruit and veg and eat lots of red meat, it's not really an equal chance whether you'll get to 45 or 100. 

Voted Lib Dem this time (postal vote).

Voted Conservative in 2010.

Voted Labour in 2005.

Voted Green in various European elections.

Voted Lib Dem, Tories and Labour in past local elections.

I guess i'm a floating voter.

Yeah, absolutely right. Some people can smoke all their lives and not get lung cancer too, but the chances are massively increased. But if you barely eat fruit and veg and eat lots of red meat, it's not really an equal chance whether you'll get to 45 or 100. 

Numerous studies have shown that smoking is bad for you and reduces your life expectancy.

The fact that Aunty Edna smoked 40 a day and lived to be 101 doesn't alter that fact.

Go back to Woodstock , Hippy [emoji14]

Numerous studies have shown that smoking is bad for you and reduces your life expectancy.

The fact that Aunty Edna smoked 40 a day and lived to be 101 doesn't alter that fact.

Not sure I follow.

Registered for the electoral roll in Leamington a few weeks ago but have not heard anything?

doesn't sound good.

You should have had a polling card by now.

I'd phone/email to check.

Pictures doing the rounds in the metro today of politicians when they were young

Never knew Sturgeon grew up being a boy

ic3ce0.jpg

Good lord.  0/10, wouldnae bang.

Who the hell do you vote for?  It's like asking me do I want to get kicked in the balls with the right boot or left boot.

My thoughts exactly.

Which dickhead is slightly less of a dickhead than all of the other dickheads?

They all do the same thing anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZQzMEmWqI

• Like 1

So i was in philippines when you had to register to vote. I think im registered in nottingham (i did the vote for euro in nottingham) but i live too far away to go and vote there. Is there anyway to vote at my home town or is it all too late now?

Edited by gharperr