Most improved player so far this season

Dirtysanchez

Now I know we are having a horrible season and it's all very negative at the minute but who would you pick as your most improved player so this season? For me it has to be Ciaran Clark. I cannot get over just how good this lad has become and important to our side compared to what he had shown in previous seasons it's like a different player now. He looks solid on the ball and commands his area well and takes no crap and all those silly mistakes seem to have left his game which is great to see and hopefully it continues.

An honourable mention to Hutton for getting his head down and showing us that he is a very good player and deserves to be back in the first 11 and one of our most important players.

• Like 2

Hutton without a doubt. This is a guy who I never wanted near a Villa shirt again, was 'bombsquaded' and was absolute trash every time he played. These days he's one of first names on the team sheet.

Some improvement in Clark and Baker but a) both still prone to rash stupid decisions and B) helped significantly by the more experienced players around them this season. The idea of Clark and Baker as the central partnership would fill be with a little dread.  They need an Okore/ Vlaar/ Senderos to marshal them.

Hutton without a doubt. This is a guy who I never wanted near a Villa shirt again, was 'bombsquaded' and was absolute trash every time he played. These days he's one of first names on the team sheet.

Some improvement in Clark and Baker but a) both still prone to rash stupid decisions and B) helped significantly by the more experienced players around them this season. The idea of Clark and Baker as the central partnership would fill be with a little dread.  They need an Okore/ Vlaar/ Senderos to marshal them.

Clark has been at his best with Okore beside him and from the 2 Clark is the more senior and seems to be the one leading the defence and setting the line most of the time. I think Okore has helped him because he probably feels comfortable that Okore will do his job and can concentrate on his own, while with Baker he suffered because of watching out for a mistake. But to say he needs someone to marshall him is wrong

• Like 2

I'd say Clark because his form seems to have sprung from nowhere. Hutton has improved too but I feel he's had previous for being an half decent player albeit not whilst at the Villa until now.

Edited by useless

Thanks for a very welcome positive thread in midst of all this misery.

On the whole our defense has improved a lot. We even have depth in center backs, which is of course needed since they've all been injured.

Within our defense Hutton was spectacular in the beginning of the season, culminating in his goal against Leicester. Absolutely stellar defensively with great runs up the field to support, and even lead attacks. Lately he's been less convincing, but I hope it's just temporary. So Hutton is most improved for me.

Clark wasn't a starter in the beginning, and was put in the team when we were suffering really bad against the best teams. He didn't do that well, and was a bit of a scapecoat. Since he got back in the team with Okore Clark's been great, arguably our most consistent performer. He's holding our defense together right now, and I believe he will only get better once he starts to trust himself more with the ball. Second price to Clark.

Edited by AVTuco

Funny Hutton is the most improved player and he is one that got loaned out and coached away from the Villa

You're clutching at straws if you're trying to attribute Hutton's performances to the coaching he received elsewhere.

Â