New manager

reykjavik

Neil Warnock till the end of season anyone? Currently unemployed and he's experienced enough, both in terms of time in management and sheer number of teams managed, to step in and organise the team without a significant bedding in period. And unlike the other 'experienced' names floating about (Hoddle, Curbishly etc.), he's actually managed in the premier league recently. Because lets be honest, no manager with any prospects is going to accept this job before the end of the season. Make it clear he's not a long term appointment but chuck in a massive cash incentive for avoiding the drop and I don't doubt he would come.

Behave.

Neil Warnock till the end of season anyone? Currently unemployed and he's experienced enough, both in terms of time in management and sheer number of teams managed, to step in and organise the team without a significant bedding in period. And unlike the other 'experienced' names floating about (Hoddle, Curbishly etc.), he's actually managed in the premier league recently. Because lets be honest, no manager with any prospects is going to accept this job before the end of the season. Make it clear he's not a long term appointment but chuck in a massive cash incentive for avoiding the drop and I don't doubt he would come.

Call me Mr Fussy, but its not really the kind of experience we'd want is it? His experience seems to consist of being in the bottom third of the table at best. No thanks.

plus he's a word removed.

• Like 1

Has Neil Warnock ever had a season in the prem where he hasn't been relegated?

To answer my own question, no he hasn't.

Let's not make the McLeish error again (i.e. that "experience" is a good thing even if it's entirely negative experience)

Just a thought I have been having. When was the last time we had a manager leave us to take a "better" job. My memory makes graham taylor to england as the last one. The reason I ask that is because if another club ie Man Utd or a job like england came up and they wanted our manager that would suggest we have been doing well. On that basis either we have appointed generally crap managers or the board have not supported the manager as they should or a combination of the two.

Has Neil Warnock ever had a season in the prem where he hasn't been relegated?

To answer my own question, no he hasn't.

Let's not make the McLeish error again (i.e. that "experience" is a good thing even if it's entirely negative experience)

mentioned it a few posts above, technically he has but thats because clubs sacked him before he could relegate them :P

I don't think he's a nice guy involving football. He seems like a moaner and he always has a go at referees. Like every single game.

Probably a nice chap to have a cup of tea with though.

• Like 1

Lennon said he's flattered, but there's nothing in the speculation.

I think he'd walk here to manage us.

He thinks he's on the way to the top and we're a level up from Bolton, even if we got relegated.

Lennon said he's flattered, but there's nothing in the speculation.

I think he'd walk here to manage us.

He thinks he's on the way to the top and we're a level up from Bolton, even if we got relegated.

Of course he would. He didnt rule us out unlike McClaren did yesterday.