New manager

reykjavik

its never mentioned that he inherited a team that had spent over 100million the previous summer. Sherwood is no better than Lambert

There is no way you can categorically state that at this moment in time.

both tactically inept, look at Sherwood results last season was a 5-1 and 2 4-0 defeats in there and not to forget his embarrassing display against Benfica when he preferred to wind up opposing manager instead of managing his own team

That managerial God AVB had stellar results that season aswell didn't he?

Are their any managers our there you actually rate Zatman, all I see is Pulis is rubbish, Laudrup is rubbish etc. It's not like we have a huge pool of candidates to appoint from really at this stage of the season either.

The hate for Lennon I don't understand. Is it a sectarian thing? He was under a lot of pressure up there and probably said and did a few things he shouldn't have, I can't really remember it now.

Hard man. Would certainly motivate.

A hard man and a thug is a completely different person. x
  • Like 1

The hate for Lennon I don't understand. Is it a sectarian thing? He was under a lot of pressure up there and probably said and did a few things he shouldn't have, I can't really remember it now.

http://news.sky.com/story/855134/neil-lennons-history-of-controversies

Really dont like the way this conducts himself and reflects on his clubs. Could not stand him as a manager and detest him more as a player. Would make o'leary look like a saint. I can imagine when the villa fans turn like they tend to do lennon will explode. he wont show the same class as lambert did even when he got abused

I'm scratching my head here, what has he actually done that was so bad? To me he looks like the target of sectarianism because he dared to be a catholic playing for both Celtic and Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

No thanks to Neil Lennon he can be filed along side the likes of Mcleish and O'Neill at best and we need something new. Him doing well with Celtic in the Champions league doesn't mean anything, It's the equivalent of say the Chester manager doing well in the FA cup and us appointing him based on that. Plus we shouln't just go for someone because they're a so called hard-man or meant to have a bit a personality.

its never mentioned that he inherited a team that had spent over 100million the previous summer. Sherwood is no better than Lambert

both tactically inept, look at Sherwood results last season was a 5-1 and 2 4-0 defeats in there and not to forget his embarrassing display against Benfica when he preferred to wind up opposing manager instead of managing his own team

Are their any managers our there you actually rate Zatman, all I see is Pulis is rubbish, Laudrup is rubbish etc. It's not like we have a huge pool of candidates to appoint from really at this stage of the season either.

dont think I said Laudrup is rubbish ;)

nobody has said AVB is a god, he is also tactically astute. Well we should widen the pool as a lot of teh "candidates" at the moment are unemployed for a reason

The bookies are just throwing darts to managers faces. They have no clue as Villa are a club that keeps things mostly in house unlike certain others clubs (QPR, Wigan) who have chairman with verbal/twitter diarrhea. 2 out of the 3 managers appointed under Lerner have been completely left field ( Houllier, Mcleish) so I expect the new manager to cause a few surprises when announced.

• Like 2

Really dont like the way this conducts himself and reflects on his clubs. Could not stand him as a manager and detest him more as a player. Would make o'leary look like a saint. I can imagine when the villa fans turn like they tend to do lennon will explode. he wont show the same class as lambert did even when he got abused

I'm scratching my head here, what has he actually done that was so bad? To me he looks like the target of sectarianism because he dared to be a catholic playing for both Celtic and Northern Ireland.

All he ever does is kick off at everyone on the touchline, mouth off constantly and blame absolutely everyone but himself. God knows how often he must've been fined by the FA for comments about the referee. He has just always come across as a nasty piece of work and I for one don't want him near Villa.

• Like 2

Haven't been on pc all day and not a chance am reading all the pages posted today, Sherwood still fancied to take over then?

In usual VT style it could be anyone. It could be Guardiola, Mourinho, Klinsmann, Klopp or even Larry the local pub landlord.

dont think I said Laudrup is rubbish ;)

nobody has said AVB is a god, he is also tactically astute. Well we should widen the pool as a lot of teh "candidates" at the moment are unemployed for a reason

Yeah his high line at Chelsea was genius. Even we under McLeish scored three past them.

I actually find him one of the most overrated managers of modern times considering the jobs he's had since leaving Porto. Ask a lot of Spurs fans and they'll say the football was dire and Bale massively carried them which was true with all the last minute goals he scored in his last season there.

All he ever does is kick off at everyone on the touchline, mouth off constantly and blame absolutely everyone but himself. God knows how often he must've been fined by the FA for comments about the referee. He has just always come across as a nasty piece of work and I for one don't want him near Villa.

Yeah I've always thought he's been very brain dead in some of his actions, remember the time he went to the centre circle at Ibrox and cupped his ears.

Amusingly he usually comes across o.k as a pundit on the BBC.

The bookies are just throwing darts to managers faces. They have no clue as Villa are a club that keeps things mostly in house unlike certain others clubs (QPR, Wigan) who have chairman with verbal/twitter diarrhea. 2 out of the 3 managers appointed under Lerner have been completely left field ( Houllier, Mcleish) so I expect the new manager to cause a few surprises when announced.

Can they stick with McLeish's please?

• Like 1

Personally I would love to see us have the balls to approach the likes of Klopp, Klinsmann or De Boer. Bring in a top coach with the promise of better investment over the next couple of years to restructure the club from the academy to the first team. Of course I'm probably pissing in the wind but the TV money over the next few years could provide a good coach the base to build us back up again.

Sherwood getting the job would concern me to be honest. If he didnt get off to a good start how long will it be before he starts rubbing the players up the wrong way. Think the Villa job would be far too early for him.