New manager

reykjavik

He has 2 months on his West Ham contract....

Yes I know, which means he might be out in the summer. MY point is that it might be equally bad here, so it solves nothing for him to come here.

With the internet and social media every manager will have detractors somewhere - I think it will be between

Sherwood

Hoddle

Curbishley

Southgate

Allardyce

Why on earth would Allardyce ever leave a rising, in-form, high-ranked, London-based Premier League club with a huge new stadium for Villa? Can't see it.

Cus he is from Dudlaaay! Chance to move back to the land of the faggot munchers.

As an American, I understand if you are probably very confused about I just said?! 

• Like 1

If it's job security Allardyce would be looking for then I'm not sure he'll get it at a club that is being sold and which might be sold in the summer.

According to fox ...

jennifer-lawrence.gif

;) (that's directed at Fox, not you btw)

If it's job security Allardyce would be looking for then I'm not sure he'll get it at a club that is being sold and which might be sold in the summer.

According to fox lerner has bought into the future plans - don't expect a sale in next 3 years.

That's just PR.

Unless it like MON and the agreement between Ellis and Lerner and MON agreeing as long as ellis sold. Could be a mutual agreement or in the case of Man City where Hughes was manager even when the Arabs came in and gave him a decent payoff?

According to fox lerner has bought into the future plans - don't expect a sale in next 3 years.

Is that some more of that quality TBAR bantz?  ;)

Is that some more of that quality TBAR bantz?  ;)

2646_051222100816_3_jpg_710x400_q95.jpg

Mid-level sources.

• Like 3

And the new Aston Villa manager is....................

This guy:                               NBC-665x385.jpg

• Like 2

I don't have any problems with big Sam, but I also don't see his particular set of skills as the ones needed to get Villa going, especially our horrible forwards situation. I wish we could get someone who is a good organizer like Sam apparently is but also more into athletic discipline and able to "parent" and inspire his squad -- like Pulis, actually.

Steve Bould

Arsenal connection

Good with youth/academy - won the academy premier league

WRT winning the academy league, I think he is benefitting from Wenger's shall we say disproportionate interest in buying young kids.

With the internet and social media every manager will have detractors somewhere - I think it will be between

Sherwood

Hoddle

Curbishley

Southgate

Allardyce

Why on earth would Allardyce ever leave a rising, in-form, high-ranked, London-based Premier League club with a huge new stadium for Villa? Can't see it.

Cus he is from Dudlaaay! Chance to move back to the land of the faggot munchers.

As an American, I understand if you are probably very confused about I just said?! 

Bostin!!!

mmgk33Kl.jpg

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 2

Sherwood

Hoddle

Curbishley

Southgate

Allardyce

Haha. No, I loik all that, mate. I know I may seem arf soaked,  but I have actually been training myself in yammy Black Country speak for the last few years.

• Like 1

Are people still kidding themselves on here that Richard knows what going on at VP?

Richard might not be 'ITK' but he does seem to have an uncanny sixth sense for what's going to happen, only yesterday he was certain that Lambert was going to leave and that's what happened.

This presumably is the same Richard who was confidently telling us last week that Lambert that would be here 'until at least the end of the season'?

• Like 2

I couldn't care less. The time for investment and change was last summer. A new manager would at best do what Lambert could have done, avoid relegation. Dinosaurs like Allardyce, Hoddle, Curbishley and Mclaren are not the way forward long term. Funny that these so hot now.

Generally regarded as one of the best coaches (as in actual player coaching) in England. Something that Villa have specifically outlined as vital to our cause. He's more than just flavour of the month. His reputation seems to be maligned by 2 things completely outside of his footballing ability. Using an umbrella and attempting a Dutch accent. He also went to the Netherlands and won Twente's first ever title in his first attempt, and is in the process of probably getting Derby into the Premier League. He also got Middlesbrough to a European final. I genuinely don't understand how someone could seriously prefer Alan Curbishley over that.

Regarded by whom? When was the last time he managed in premier league? boro wasnt it?

The dutch league for is a poor league. He has done well for Derby but Eddie Howe for me has built a much smaller club up from nothing. i would consider him a better option than mclaren if we were looking at championship managers. I dont think Mclaren is a good man manager either.

For me I think he is nothing special at all.