New manager

reykjavik

I don't think anyone said he'd be good. Some, myself included, said he'd do til May

Not sure he would agree to a short term contract though, as I said that piece with the guardian suggested he wanted a big fat contract to sit on.

He's got an ego, he'll reckon we'll want to keep him after he turns us around. And we might, if he did a good enough job. Absolutely no need to give anyone more than 6 months right now though

iZ0ieildDHly7.gif

Oh god no, this has just reminded me how embarrassing I thought Sherwood was. No thanks!!! 

As a Villa fan, that level of passion from the dugout confuses me.

• Like 2

Think it's already been decided. The "The club will announce a new manager in due course" line kind of hints at that. Bloody hope it's not Sherwood. It could be anyone though lets face it with Lerner's record, literally anyone. 

I wouldn't mind Neil Lennon from the 'realistic' risk of candidates.

• Like 1

Thing is, even if it is Sherwood, it is likely to only be a stop-gap anyway being as we're in February right now. If the plan is to indeed bring in this director of football type of guy, and to continue hiring staff behind the scenes, a boost for the fans/players in the shape of Sherwood could keep us up.