Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

That really is a poor team- Westwood, Sanchez, Cleverley why all three ? :(

Westwood holding player, Sanchez and Cleverley in the middle with Cole at the top of the diamond behind Gabby and Benteke?? 

The diamond needs good attacking FBs, they have heart but Hutton and Cissokho offer little going forward.

They only can do that job if neither are marked or the ball is played ahead of them into acres of space

as soon as they have to beat a man or keep the ball a long time in attacking positions they cut inside and if there is no give an go available then the ball goes backwards and ends up back with the defence.

Westwood holding player, Sanchez and Cleverley in the middle with Cole at the top of the diamond behind Gabby and Benteke??

I realize that- can't see us scoring.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I think I would've liked to have seen Bacuna instead of Cleverley, just to offer a bit more width and attacking presence. Pleased Cole is back from injury, let's see how long he can stay on, to be fair he still looks dangerous for those minutes he's been on the pitch.

I realize that- can't see us scoring.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Lambert seems to think that playing Westwood almost in defence means that Sanchez and Cleverly will be freed up to... well no idea as neither are attacking midfielders so even if they don't really know what to do with the ball when the get forward.

Pleased Cole is back from injury, let's see how long he can stay on, to be fair he still looks dangerous for those minutes he's been on the pitch.

Just heard he broke his leg putting a shin pad on.

only joking, really hope he can make a difference today

• Like 1

Happy with that lineup minus Cleverley. How he keeps starting is beyond me. If he cant show anything today he is 100% not fit to play at this level. In my book im already 95% sure he isnt good enough but this is a game he has to show he can do somerhing. 16 odd appearances and I dont think he's had a singke telling moment.

Silly not to have Mack Jack in the squad especially as Joe Cole will probably go off in the 15th minute

Hutton does. Aly doesn't.

Hutton tries more, gets in attacking positions but still isn't effective as an attacking wingback.

With Weimann and Gabby playing either left back or central all width of our games is gone.

First few games of the season Aly was charging up the wing pinging some great crosses in.  Not sure why that's died down of late.

I think it'll be a three man midfield with Agbonlahor and Cole playing just behind Benteke.

Sounds likely, then probably more like a five man with agbonlahor and Cole dropping back when we lose possession, then spreading back to a 4 3 21 when we do have it.

• Like 1

Hutton tries more, gets in attacking positions but still isn't effective as an attacking wingback.

With Weimann and Gabby playing either left back or central all width of our games is gone.

First few games of the season Aly was charging up the wing pinging some great crosses in.  Not sure why that's died down of late.

Sadly because he now gets marked, whereas before no-one expected him to attack that well and no-one was picking him up or was close to him

I thought that. Now he gets forward well but when he finds himself in a good position, he hesitates and turns back or cuts inside on his right foot.