Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I think we'll win this with Benteke scoring

I think we'll lose this with benteke scoring

Scoring?  Villa scoring ?  In the league and for two games on the trot?  There's optimism and there's delusion.

• Like 1

Guzan

Okore  Clark   Baker

Sanchez

Hutton                                    Sissokho

Cleverley       Delph  

Cole

Benteke

Cambiasso has been ruled out for them. He was the only Leicester player that looked remotely Premiership quality when we played them the other week.

Hopefully we can show a little risk in our attacking play for once. Villa win.

Guzan

Okore Clark Baker

Sanchez

Hutton Sissokho

Cleverley Delph

Cole

Benteke

Isn't Delph still suspended?

Actually he is, I forgot about him being sent off. Put Westwood in the line up in his place

You have to pick Gabby away from home don't you! Only QPR have conceded more than Leicester. Gabby's pace was too much for them at home,  I'd pick Weimann as well. 

Edited by PaulC

I think we'll line up with a midfield diamond, with Joe Cole at the top behind two strikers

................Guzan

Hutton.Okore.Clark.Cissokho

..............Sanchez

....Westwood.Cleverley

.................Cole

...........Benteke.Gabby

I'm a little bit more confident now I know that 3 of their best players are out for them. Cheeky smash and grab, 1-0 to the Villa ( Gabby ). Wouldn't massively grumble at a draw as we seem to be good at getting those lately and they're also desperate for the points and are at home

Edited by Biskitt

Given we are much better away than at home and my memory of how shit Leicester were at Villa Park is still so fresh, I fully expect a win. 0-2 Villa and for once no 'Lambert out' chant.  Although our attack has been truly woeful this season, it is not as bad as Leicester's defence. Might actually start to go on a a bit of a run after this methinks. If you look at our squad, it is  a mid table premier league side. It is down to the manager to get the best out of it. Come on Paul, we all want to do it. And a FA Cup win as well would be nice as well, lol.

Weirdly optimistic for this one. Their arguably best players are out. Would play Westwood farther back and Sanchez farther forward with CB and Gabby up front and Cole in the hole. 

• Like 1

-------------------------guzan---------------------------

Hutton------Okore-----------Clark--------------Ally

------------Westwood-----Sanchez-----------------

Bacuna----------------Cole-------------------Gabby

-----------------------Benteke--------------------------