Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Looks like we are playing the diamond. Grealish had a start last weekend and is sounded like he did feck all so no surprise to see him left out. Hopefully Cole can play like he did vs Burnley and we should create some good chances.

If that was the criteria for selection we'd be fielding the academy team!

Shit selection. Grealish was being sarcastic with his tweet. Four central midfielders? Zero width. Cleverley must have a clause in his contract to start if fit. How has he 'earnt' his starting spot?

Sarcastic or actually being mature?

Looks like we are playing the diamond. Grealish had a start last weekend and is sounded like he did feck all so no surprise to see him left out. Hopefully Cole can play like he did vs Burnley and we should create some good chances.

Seems about fair to give a 19 year old one chance in the starting line up and when he doesn't take it he's dropped while some players get to show us how shit they are game after game after game with no chance of getting dropped.

• Like 2

No width again, I guess we go again slow, slow, backwards, slow, sidewards, slow, oof!! lose the ball and repeat Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lol at those who are saying 3 or 4 goals for Villa, I truly hope so but 11 goals in 20 odd games and 0-0 for the last 2 league games doesn't suggest we are going to score many.

Looks like Grealish starting judging by his tweet

Not even in the squad.

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFCOfficial 2m2 minutes ago

#AVFC (v @OfficialFOXES): Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Cissokho, Cleverley, Cole, Westwood, Sanchez, Benteke, Agbonlahor ©. #AVFCLIVE

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFCOfficial 1m1 minute ago

#AVFC subs (v @OfficialFOXES): Given, Bacuna, Weimann, N'Zogbia, Lowton, Richardson, Baker. #AVFCLIVE

When I look at the line up I see a chance of goals with Benteke, a small chance of goals in Gabby and an ever smaller chance of goals in Cole. The rest - very unlikely to score.

It's no wonder we don't score many!