All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

Jeremy Irons is a funny chap.
He owns (and lives in) a castle in Cork near where my mom's from.

He can often be seen trying to fit in with the locals. By dressing as an old fashioned farmer. Wellington boots, tweed hat, rugged waistcoat, old and worn trousers. He even tends to substitute a belt with a piece of string. To look authentic I guess.

I'm yet to see him stood against a fence post chewing on a piece of hay. But I bet it happens.

I remember seeing him in an episode of "Who do you think you are".

He came across as a fairly decent bloke, but I smiled at how much he really wanted to have some Irish roots. It felt like the entire episode was him desperately searching for just one of his ancestors to have come from Ireland. He clearly has a strong love of the country. 

Also there was his idea that gay marriage will lead to fathers marrying their sons to avoid inheritance tax. 

Good actor, though.

Jeremy Irons is a funny chap.
He owns (and lives in) a castle in Cork near where my mom's from.

He can often be seen trying to fit in with the locals. By dressing as an old fashioned farmer. Wellington boots, tweed hat, rugged waistcoat, old and worn trousers. He even tends to substitute a belt with a piece of string. To look authentic I guess.

I'm yet to see him stood against a fence post chewing on a piece of hay. But I bet it happens.

I remember seeing him in an episode of "Who do you think you are".

He came across as a fairly decent bloke, but I smiled at how much he really wanted to have some Irish roots. It felt like the entire episode was him desperately searching for just one of his ancestors to have come from Ireland. He clearly has a strong love of the country. 

Also there was his idea that gay marriage will lead to fathers marrying their sons to avoid inheritance tax. 

Good actor, though.

Yep. I haven't seen that but my mom has. Said he was desperately searching for some Irish roots. I think they did eventually find some :)
He is a decent bloke to be fair, and he gets very involved in stuff over there. His castle is pretty cool too, even if he did paint it pink!

His outfits do make me smile though.

• Like 1

Looks shopped. 

Or you could ask Mooney, maybe he was there [emoji4] 

I wasn't, but my dad was. I remember him talking about how EVERYBODY wore hats in those days. Incidentally, I've posted this before, but this is the Cammell Laird Shipyard football team, sometime in the 1920s. My dad is skipper, front centre.

041d4a620ab42081fe5b6da735358524.jpg

Was it Birkenhead and did he know Pongo?

Yes it was, and yes he did. Apparently Pongo was a legendary boozer, even when he went to the Villa.

Pongo, McGrath, Merson

I could see what Bannan and Weimann was trying to do ;)

Â