All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

13 hours ago, Ginko said:

Brilliant, but it makes me sad that there are a number of people I work with who would freak out about it.

In all fairness, I if I saw a warning sign on something that said those things, I wouldn't be familiar enough with the chemical name to just laugh and ignore it. 

But it is very funny :) 

Somewhere on youtube there is film of guys going around some music festival collecting signatures to get it banned.

It's a good way of getting people to understand the need for a little investigation and not just accepting what they are told at face value. People might feel a little duped at first, but hopefully it's transferable knowledge and plants a seed and the next time social media tells them something they will count to ten before jumping on the band wagon.

'Tis a good thing.

...found it, but there's lots of versions:

• Like 1

On 19/07/2016 at 12:09, MakemineVanilla said:

It seems likely that there will be a Pokemon Go related homicide somewhere in America pretty soon.

Well this is somewhere in 'America' :)  Probably pretty high up on everyone's first guess too.

Pokemon Go Reportedly 'Sees Its First Death After 18-Year-Old Is Shot Breaking Into House'

An 18-year-old lad has been shot dead after breaking into a house to hunt for Pokémon, according to reports.

Jerson Lopez de Leon, from Guatemala, was playing the popular Pokémon Go game with his mate, Daniel Moises Picen, 17, when they decided to trespass on somebody's private property.

According to a translation from Spanish news site La Prensa, Leon was attacked by gunfire in the area five of Chiquimula in Guatemala. He died at the scene. The publication also reported his friend suffered injuries and was taken to hospital.

On 20/07/2016 at 09:11, chrisp65 said:

Somewhere on youtube there is film of guys going around some music festival collecting signatures to get it banned.

It's a good way of getting people to understand the need for a little investigation and not just accepting what they are told at face value. People might feel a little duped at first, but hopefully it's transferable knowledge and plants a seed and the next time social media tells them something they will count to ten before jumping on the band wagon.

'Tis a good thing.

...found it, but there's lots of versions:

I remember years ago some people set up stall and were getting women to sign a petition to end suffrage. 

On 24/07/2016 at 10:29, Xann said:

29VAflA.jpg

LEzu8Ix.jpg

Looks like someone looked at the shutter through the WordLens* app which translated it on the fly :D

* yes I know that has now been bought and integrated into Google Translate.

Â