9 minutes ago, turnbull said:

20230830_070556.jpg

Anything.

Ok, I’ll order a Chinese

No, I don’t want that.

Ok, I’ll get a pizza.

No, I don’t fancy Pizza

Ok, I’ll cook the lasagna.

No, not that I’m not hungry enough for that.

JUST **** PICK SOMETHING THEN!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, turnbull said:

I'm hoping someone does. 

It’s a meme where someone is seen celebrating something very hard where they are not even the best at it.

I think it’s Atari users thinking they were the best back in the day but in the opinion of whoever created it they believe it to be inferior to a number of other devices (but still thought they were superior).

A bit like Everton having a massive party and pitch invasion after finishing 16th in the league.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s a meme where someone is seen celebrating something very hard where they are not even the best at it.

I think it’s Atari users thinking they were the best back in the day but in the opinion of whoever created it they believe it to be inferior to a number of other devices (but still thought they were superior).

A bit like Everton having a massive party and pitch invasion after finishing 16th in the league.

No way was the ST inferior to the C64 or Spectrum. The Amstrad CPC was typical dog shit you'd expect from Alan Sugar.

I went from CPC 6128 to Amiga with the Batman pack, but it was playing Test Drive II on the ST that was the required catalyst to nag my parents for a new computer.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

No way was the ST inferior to the C64 or Spectrum. The Amstrad CPC was typical dog shit you'd expect from Alan Sugar.

I went from CPC 6128 to Amiga with the Batman pack, but it was playing Test Drive II on the ST that was the required catalyst to nag my parents for a new computer.

Look at @StanBalaban.  He's all like

3097.jpg?width=620&dpr=1&s=none

emiliano-martinez-argentina-celebrates-s

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Being the geek that I am, agree, but I'd put the ST in second place, I found it a real bastard for writing scrolling games.  PCs back then were about as powerful as a Speak and Spell. 🤓🤓🤓🤓

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turnbull said:

I'm hoping someone does. 

Back in the day, there was a weird rivallry between Amiga and Atari ST users, possibly a bit similar to PS and XBox now. The Amiga was a much better computer in just about every way, as it had a load of flash new chips (eg blitter) that handled things much better than just using the CPU alone. It had 32 colours to the Atari's 16, had much smoother scrolling and could handle more objects on screen at the same time.  Despite this, Atari ST owners were a bit like Birmingham City supporters. Despite being massively inferior, they just wouldn't have it and would bang on endlessly about the ST's music capability, about the only thing it had the edge over the Amiga on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Back in the day, there was a weird rivallry between Amiga and Atari ST users, possibly a bit similar to PS and XBox now. The Amiga was a much better computer in just about every way, as it had a load of flash new chips (eg blitter) that handled things much better than just using the CPU alone. It had 32 colours to the Atari's 16, had much smoother scrolling and could handle more objects on screen at the same time.  Despite this, Atari ST owners were a bit like Birmingham City supporters. Despite being massively inferior, they just wouldn't have it and would bang on endlessly about the ST's music capability, about the only thing it had the edge over the Amiga on.

Ahhhh. At least we've never been in the third division, till they were. 

Now at least we've won a trophy more recently than you. 

happy-excited.gif

What will they claim when we win our next trophy? 

Probably bang on about music capabilities or something. 

• Like 1

Â